The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sympathetic 10 - Joerg Alexander (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
The glasses used by Joshua Jay would be perfect for this.
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
SEO Magic is selling a collapsible wine glass. Kind of pricey at $18 each but it may save some people from running all over town sticking cards into glasses. 😀

https://www.seomagic-usa.com/product_inf......_id/2355
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
I've messed with plenty of collapsible, plastic and real glass wine glasses for various tricks over the years. Without a doubt, the best ones I've used are coming from Vanishing Inc. They are pricey, but they are made of a durable plastic, screw into place instead of a magnet and washer or similar, and are perfectly sized with straight edges to fit a deck of cards without tilting issues. They also come with a nice protective case. They had a few at Magic LIVE, so I snagged a couple and they have been awesome. I'm not sure if they are officially released on the site yet, but while pricey, they tick all the boxes for me and were totally worth it.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I performed Sympathetic 10 for a group of 22 friends tonight. These are friends that meet at our house regularly for a non magic event. I've been doing magic at these gatherings for the last several months. The feedback has been very positive. But, without a doubt, the feedback following tonight's Sympathetic 10 performance was the best so far. They LOVED it! They were blown away. When the Ace in the wine glass changed to a 5 before their very eyes there was an audible gasp from the crowd. I heard one person comment "no 'effing way"! Then when all of the other 9 cards matched they broke into applause.

What a fun trick to perform!

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
harris1850
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of harris1850
Well, this post is late- 08/24/22. I went in search for the “right wine glass” and as an earlier post said the Edge Wine Glass (13 oz) in my opinion from Crate and Barrel was perfect. The person at the store was puzzled by my “specifications.” I showed him the cards I had and said this glass was for a magic trick and had to be just the right size. After I bought them I said let me show you a trick. I asked him to give me a sheet of that heavy paper they use to wrap the wine glasses and proceeded to do “the move.” Well, the paper was so heavy it knocked the glass out of my hand and it shattered on the tile floor. I yelled “holy sh$t, I owe you for another glass. He cracked up and said no problem so I sheepishly slithered out the door..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sympathetic 10 - Joerg Alexander (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL