The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Do mentalists enjoy performing effects like the three card monte,endless chain, and the shell game? (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
rodrigez
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of rodrigez
Take a look at Paul Vigils Endless Chain routine/presentation.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2019, rodrigez wrote:
Take a look at Paul Vigils Endless Chain routine/presentation.

I agree, Paul Vigil did a fantastic job in his Penguin Live Act. He showed these effects can be blended smoothly together. Effects might not be considered as mentalism, but they are performed like mental magic theme.

Recently there are many discussion on mentalism vs mental magic, as for myself after heard so many opinion, it came to a point that the definition should be from the performer, whether he want to present himself as a mentalist, or a magician to perform mental magic. Take Derren Brown for his example, he used principle of the late Aldo Colombini of a card trick in one of his live show watched by my friend. So, is Derren a mentalist / or a magician who does mental magic then?
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Do mentalists enjoy performing effects like the three card monte,endless chain, and the shell game? (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL