The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Auke Van Dokkum OK? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ben Whiting
View Profile
Loyal user
Traverse City, MI
246 Posts

Profile of Ben Whiting
I placed an order with Auke last August and subsequently sent him over $700 for various custom props. I've yet to receive anything and he has not responded to the last 3 or 4 emails/facebook messages I've sent him over the past couple of weeks. The first couple of emails I received from him were sent from his iPhone, so I'm assuming he sees all my messages relatively soon after I send them. Does anyone know if he's OK?

Ben
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I own several sets of his coins.
But have only custom ordered one set.
A barber shell set.I received it about
7 weeks after ordering it.
Todd
Ben Whiting
View Profile
Loyal user
Traverse City, MI
246 Posts

Profile of Ben Whiting
Still haven't heard a word from Auke in a while. Has anyone else had a bad experience with him not responding to emails? It's starting to get unprofessional. When I placed an order with him in August I thought I'd surely have the props by the Christmas season.
Ben Whiting
View Profile
Loyal user
Traverse City, MI
246 Posts

Profile of Ben Whiting
I see him posting photos of new things on his facebook page and Stevens Magic says they're receiving new props from him. I'm feeling less like a customer and more like an inconvenience for him.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
A friend had told me he waited MONTHS for rings that were a special order. Always promising they were almost done...almost done. Eventually, he admitted that he could not do what the customer wanted and issued a refund. Based on what I've heard, I would not do business with him, especially on a custom order.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
879 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
That's to bad man. wow its like send money right away but wait for ever to get product while the money grows intrest in there bank. . big bummer. thanks for the warning . I will not buy from this company.
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2014, TWOCAN wrote:
That's to bad man. wow its like send money right away but wait for ever to get product while the money grows intrest in there bank. . big bummer. thanks for the warning . I will not buy from this company.

Hey PT - still in business??

Jim
cinefisch
View Profile
New user
Wauwatosa
27 Posts

Profile of cinefisch
I too, placed an order from Auke after watching Axel Hecklau perform a 3 Fly using his Gemini Set back in August. In December he got back saying he was "out of the running". I have sent several emails since but have not heard back. I hope he is well. His work seems fantastic.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
A number of years ago I tried to order a set of his mini baseballs. It all started with promising e-mails back and forth and then I fell through Auke's trapdoor. I slid down to a conveyor belt that carried me to the Van Dokkum Hamster Wheel. I jogged on that wheel a little more and bailed out.

I was eventually informed by those in the know that he hates to make those mini baseballs. I was just an annoyance to him. All right...goodbye.
zauberpresto
View Profile
New user
Neuss
1 Post

Profile of zauberpresto
I ordered a set of four Linking Rings from Auke van Dokkum and payed EUR 260,00 in advanced at the beginning of May. He promised to ship the rings within 2 months. End of June he wrote via facebook that they "are in progress" and will be ready in 3 weeks. End of July he promised to ship them "before end next week". In September he wrote "ready asap". One week agao I eventually asked him to refund my payment. I never saw the rings nor my money. That's the "Auke Method" I guess. I am thinking of reporting an offence against him.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I asked Auke Van Dokkum for the price on his Richard Ross Watches, he told me $6,500.00. Then a another member also contacted him and he quoted a much lower price. Then another person got a totally different quote. You can ask whatever price you want, but at least be fair about it with all customers.
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
I don't know if THIS is happening in this case but I know that THIS can happen:

Click here to view attached image.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
I found the Van Dokkum mini baseballs and a chopped set at Stevens Magic recently, so it ended well for me. I'll stay with Stevens for any Van Dokkum items in the future.
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
I only have a Morgan CSB through Karl Hein. The price is great and the quality is great. But haven't ordered anything from him direct.
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
andalex
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of andalex
Rest in piece, he passed away a couple of days ago.

I waited for 2 YEARS for a set of custom rings I ordered and prepaid $740 for and he promised it in 6 weeks back in 2013.

I had to threaten him with a lawyer 2 years later he refunded my money. I thought for a while I was the only one until I found this thread today...
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Before this thread gets redundant, there is a thread in the ”Did you hear the latest” section.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=36
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
THIS is sad ending to a gifted man. in the end he maybe didn't have his act together.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Auke Van Dokkum OK? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL