The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Jumbo English penny? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Jumbo (3") half dollars, quarters, nickels, dimes, and U.S. pennies are readily available (via Johnson Products, for instance). Jumbo Chinese coins are also readily available (not from Johnson, but various versions are offered by various other suppliers). Yet surprisingly, jumbo English pennies do not seem available anywhere -- at least, not that I've been able to find.

Does anybody have one? Or know of a source for one?

(Or know why Johnson, who does sell regular English pennies and jumbo versions of every denomination of U.S. coins, doesn't offer one?)
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
This question has been asked a few times before here on the Café. so far no one (that I ever recall) has found one.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I can't find a jumbo Euro coin either. Strange when you think how many countries actually use the Euro.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Nightcrawler
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Nightcrawler
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Thanks, I appreciate the post, I couldn't even find them in Spanish dealers.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Nightcrawler
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Nightcrawler
You're welcome!

I just saw that jumbo Euro coins are also available in one of my favorite german online stores:
- http://www.magiccenterharri.com/catalog/......guage=en and
- http://www.magiccenterharri.com/catalog/......guage=en

The shop language can be changed to english, but not all words are translated :-(
May be it helps you anyway!

Nightcrawler
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
These are beautiful 2 Euro coins! But you're right. I've searched for an English Penny in Jumbo. None found...

Doug
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
I have a jumbo penny tail side only, 'head' side is smooth. It's 3 inches diameter. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I found it.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Seems like Johnson is missing out on some promising potential sales opportunities. Searching this forum does show a history of posts, over some years, inquiring from time to time about the availability of jumbo English pennies. (My own inquiry now was just to see if anything had changed, in this regard, in recent years; evidently it hasn't.)

As many coin routines as there are today that end with a "big finish" production of jumbo coins, it'd be nice to end a copper/silver routine with the half dollar and English penny both transforming into jumbo versions of themselves. I bet Johnson would sell a fair number of jumbo English pennies, if they added that to their 3" coin product lineup.

Ditto for a 3" Chinese coin, which could be used in routines incorporating Johnson's Chinatown Half, or their Copper/Silver/Brass gaff. (I know jumbo Chinese coins are available from other makers, but theirs would not be an exact match for Johnson's own regular-sized Chinese coin gaffs.)
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Jumbo English penny? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL