The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Siri as spectator (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
I just found out that you can ask Siri (on your iPhone) to "take a card, any card" and she will give you one. I don't know yet how to use this in the presentation of a magic trick, but there must be some way! Also, she will answer with "Heads" or "Tails" if you tell her to flip a coin, and will respond to the command "Roll the dice."
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
With reference to my earlier post, an idea: do an "any card called for," but have Siri call for the card instead of a human being calling for it. You could use a bystander's iPhone. Siri asks for some random card,and you produce that very card instantly out of your pocket. You could hint at some collusion with Siri, even though it's not your phone.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
I'll have to try that!
Reality is a real killjoy.
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
More thoughts: Siri names a card, and you show that the card she named is the only one that is face up in the face down deck (Invisible Deck). Or you make a prediction of a card, and Siri names the card you predicted (Magic Draw, or lots of ofher methods).
Use Siri's ability to roll a die (she will roll one die or a pair of dice, as you choose) to arrive at a number which will lead to a gemstone on the Hot Rod.
Are Zach Davenport and I the only ones who think this is a good idea?? Smile
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Well, at least now we will be the only ones performing it. Smile
Reality is a real killjoy.
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
For an ACAAN, ask Siri on one person's phone to give you a card, and ask for the number from Siri on another person's phone. It seems that Siri is more likely to give you a random number from 1-52 if you ask Wolfram (i.e., Wolfram Alpha)to do this. Say to Siri, "Wolfram, give me a random number from 1 to 52."
Let me know how your performances that use these ideas go, Zach.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Hushai and Zach,

Clever idea, guys. I think using Siri to select a card or number could be a fun presentation. You can remind your volunteers that people tend to select certain cards and certain numbers, so you will have them ask Siri to do that instead, making it as fair as possible.

One could also use it to generate cards and numbers when just learning and practicing an effect (e.g., ACAAN, invisible deck, etc). You can get a lot of practice in, even if you don't have any volunteers around (or your "significant other" is tired of picking cards). Smile

Regards, Steve
jordanamystika
View Profile
New user
IN
52 Posts

Profile of jordanamystika
I think this is a great concept, well done!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Siri as spectator (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL