The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Triad Coins (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
I did the sanding thing and it helped.
I also work with it everyday and keep it in my pocket. That seems to have soften up the coins well and they slide much better now.
danster08
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of danster08
I love this set of coins by Josh. I have been using them for some time now. I got them at a lecture, before he released them. I have not had any problems with them. Other than losing the set for a few weeks. I was totally bummed thinking I had left them at a gig. Then out of nowhere, they appeared in a location I would have sworn I had checked a hundred times. ... That's magic! Smile
Daniel Lee
317-941-6FUN
http://danielleemagic.com/
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Hi all, does anyone have problems with un****ing the turtle in the spellbound position? I seem to be having problems with noise and flashing/angles especially for the 1st one using the spellbound method. Not sure if there are any other methods for doing this? I'm currently exploring just taking the top one right off the coin on my left palm with my right hand after the 1st production and do a wrist-kill with the left hand to hide it. Appreciate if anyone can advise. Thanks!
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
No problem with it. I am used to it for many other routines though. I also have a 3T set and have been using it for years.
Does it stick in there or something? Have you dropped it? That could cause it to go out of round and make it stick.
There are several methods of fixing this.
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2016, Mobius303 wrote:
No problem with it. I am used to it for many other routines though. I also have a 3T set and have been using it for years.
Does it stick in there or something? Have you dropped it? That could cause it to go out of round and make it stick.
There are several methods of fixing this.

Hi Mobius, that's right. I did drop it a few times while practicing and it sticks a little. appreciate if you can share with me the methods on how to fix this? thanks!
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Utilizing a silk can help for less severe out of round issues. also a bic lighter, rubbing it along the rim to get it back to round works well also.

I would not use more than a single layer of silk or you could have problem. You put the shell down mouth up, lay the silk over it and press the insert into it. It should be snug, and then pull the silk and pop out the coin. It should be back in good working order. If not then use a second layer by folding the silk and trying again.

Hope that helps you out.
Markus Ng
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Markus Ng
Short review:

Pros:
Well its Joshua Jay
Gimmick works well
Good quality gimmicks
The last vanish is a real fooler

Cons:
Price may be abit pricey but I guess that's due to the exchange rates
Clothing requirement
Perhaps could have had a longer video explaining more routines with this gaff?

Id give it a 8 or 9 out of 10.
whoneycutt
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of whoneycutt
I just received my Triad set today. Is it normal for the outside s***l to be totally loose? I can't finger roll coins like Josh did in the tutorial, but even still - I don't see how it could be done with the outside being as loose as it is.

Does anyone have any pointers you would be willing to share on this aspect of the set?

Thanks in advance!
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Yes it is normal for the top coin to be loose. You can do the roll but it will take some getting used to it. It took me about 30mins to get the right feel for it.
whoneycutt
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of whoneycutt
Thank you Mobius for the reply. Practice and practice and more practice. Smile
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Hi has anyone tried the 3 fly routine using the triad coins? I have a problem of getting the 2 s***** separate at the end as I find them seems to stuck together tightly and I have to use something like a ruler to pry it apart. Anyone else has this issue?
Tally_NSA
View Profile
Loyal user
Essex, UK
222 Posts

Profile of Tally_NSA
Quote:
On May 5, 2016, setsuna83 wrote:
Hi has anyone tried the 3 fly routine using the triad coins? I have a problem of getting the 2 s***** separate at the end as I find them seems to stuck together tightly and I have to use something like a ruler to pry it apart. Anyone else has this issue?

If they are sticking, they are probably dirty inside the ]. Clean the inside of the ] with some steel wool. Just run round the inside rim with it until they release easily.
Ultrahaggis
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Ultrahaggis
Here's Rodney Reyes doing a really nice presentation of Triad Coins..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RltNPvwNyCg
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
Thanks that was wonderful.
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
DO any of you have any tips on making these a little quieter?

I read teflon tape?

For example, when you produce the first coin and 'drop' the others in FD position, I get a lot of noise. Scrape/Click.

This is what I am trying to remove.

TIA

Gary
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
I saw a clip of Josh doing the routine, and liked it very much. I was fooled by the last coin complete vanish.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Triad Coins (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL