The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Return Of The (not so) Youthful Curmudgeon! - by Paul Chosse » » Hop Spread » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Question:

I love the look of this, as Sankey pulls it off on Sankeytized (1 or 2?) The effect is that you spread a deck between your two hands and spread your hands as well and the cards just seem to almost float further apart than appears reasonable.

And what is a good teaching source for it?

I am trying to do it, as Sankey showed but am having trouble getting it down. The deck doesn't want to stay aligned. I practice a lot, and have tried all kinds of hand positions, and am still looking for a better teaching source.

Paul's response:

The concept of an exceptionally long spread is not new, in fact P&L manufactured a reel specifically for this called a double thread reel.

There are also sleight of hand methods for increasing the length of the spread. Try turning the bottom card sideways and using it as an extension of the right fingers, for instance.

The LePaul reference is correct, and the first instance of the technique in print to my knowledge.

To straighten out the spread, try altering the right hand grip on the deck, or turn the right hand in toward the body as the cards spring. Think simple physics!

Best, PSC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Return Of The (not so) Youthful Curmudgeon! - by Paul Chosse » » Hop Spread » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL