The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Memory Shuffle. A new E-Book by Michael Clark. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tricky360
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of tricky360
The Memory Shuffle will allow you to memorise a deck of cards that have just been handed out to be shuffled by your spectator. You then ribbon spread the deck face up, and are able to memorise the deck in fifteen seconds. You then proceed to name each card before it is dealt face up. You can even do this blind folded. And the great thing here is, hardly any memory work is needed. Also comes with a great kicker ending to finish.

This is a 25 page E-book, with photos, full written instructions, and a script to get you started.

With a introductory price of only £5 for a short period only to Café members, this price will then rise to £10.

Interested?

Then please Email me at Michaelclark648@gmail.com for details.

Many thanks.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Nice, is it possible to see a demo, Michael ?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
tricky360
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of tricky360
Unfortunately not, this hasn't been filmed as of yet. Sorry.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
May be worth getting a few on here to review it for you.
tricky360
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of tricky360
Thanks Pegasus,

I'm handing out three, review copies. If anyone is into memory work and would like a copy, just drop your email below.

Cheers.

Michael.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I'd be interested in taking a look. robertsixx@sbcglobal.net

Robert
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I'm defnitely interested. PMd you my email.
tricky360
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of tricky360
All copies sent out, thanks for your interest gents.
Looking forward to your reviews.

Best wishes,

Michael.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Full disclosure. I was sent one of the free copies. Okay, it seems that there's been a glut in memorized deck routines... in which the deck is really not memorized, but you appear to do just that.

I would say this is an interesting take on that idea and uses an idea (method) from another routine to accomplish exactly what he says it does. Michael does give full credit and history of how he combined ideas and methods.

For those that are considering it you must know that it is your deck and not one the spectator hands you. Having said that, I'm sure some can create a stir using this idea and it's pretty easy to do with very little true memory. Oh, and he does give you a way of having a kicker ending plus a way to do it blindfolded.

For the small price he's asking it's not a bad routine and well constructed.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I was also sent one of the review copies and I have read it and had a chance to work through it a few times. It works as written and there is very little real memory work to it.

As Greg mentioned, it is your deck which I have no problem with. I think this is a very easy way to present this type of routine, no real work involved. I like it, it will work and I have no doubt that it will play.

For the price, it's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. Honestly, I was going to purchase it at that price but just happened to get lucky with a review copy. I would have been happy with the purchase! If this type of routine interests you, I think you will find it of value.

I like it! Recommended!

Robert
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Michael was kind enough to send me a review copy as well. I have been researching and interested in memory work and pseudo deck memorization effects for quite sometime now. This is a different approach from what I have seen/read in the past. As Greg mentioned above, you must use your deck for this and there is a little bit of set-up, but nothing too complicated. I honestly was hoping for a "shuffled deck in use" approach, but this is not the case. Regardless, this still is a nice handling and deserves consideration.

Also note, that you will not be calling off all (52) of the cards directly. You will be calling out groups....suits to be specific. You will appear to have memorized all of each suit separately.

Michael states in the intro to not pass up or look over the "Afterthoughts" section and he is right! There is a nice little bit in there that can make the effect even stronger and this is in fact the way that I will road test this.

For those that are interested in this type of effect, the introductory price that Micheal is offering is beyond fair. I feel you get a pretty solid and unique approach to the pseudo deck memorization. I also feel that there are things about this method that will stimulate your brain and have you look at how this can be applied to other memory effects.
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
I have alway liked performing Intuitive Aii by Looch and therefore this effect by Michael got my attention.

After reading it for the first time it put a smile upon my face.
This will definitely be one of the effects I will be performing!
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Ordered. I'm looking forward to reading it.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I was given a review copy and have been playing around with it performing it here and there.

This is a different take to the memory deck. As others have mentioned, you don't call off all 52 cards, you call out one suit in order, then call out another suit in order, then separate the last two suits while the deck is face down.

As a kicker, you can either reveal that the final two suits are in numerical order ace to King, or you could also name off the random order of the two suits.

I have played around with all of them and none of them really seem to get a better reaction than the other. They all play equally strong.

A few have already given in depth reviews. I will simply say this: it is clever and very simple to perform. I don't know how often I will use it simply because it does require a full deck set up, but I still appreciate the thought that went into this. For the price, you can't go wrong.
tricky360
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of tricky360
Thanks for the reviews guys, and also a big thank you to everyone who's bought this from me, it really does mean a lot.

There are many effects at the moment that require a full deck set up eg; a true memorised deck, Svengali, Cartoon etcetera, but that shouldn't stop us from using them. However there's not many full deck set ups that you can hand out to your spectator to be shuffled,(Svengali excluded) but with The Memory shuffle you can, all be it a certain type of shuffle, and this destroys any notion that the cards were set up in the first place, in the spectators mind.

Also as you are calling the cards off, as described in the routine, you are more or less putting the cards back into the required order, making it really easy to reset the deck ready for your next performance, and this was one of the main reasons the routine was structured this way.

Also thank you to the people who have messaged me with additional ideas on this, I do appreciate your feedback.

After this weekend the Memory shuffle will be going up to £10.

Michael.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Memory Shuffle. A new E-Book by Michael Clark. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL