The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Bicycle Gaff Deck (by 1st magic studio) - ideas needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

basilisk
View Profile
New user
California
9 Posts

Profile of basilisk
Hi guys,
A few days ago I jumped on an opportunity to grab this deck. I knew that it doesn't come with any instructions but went for it anyway, and, as it turned out (no surprises here), I grossly overestimated my own imagination.
I already own the "Packet Killer" and the CAJ deck, so there's, obviously, some overlap; and some cards like "52-on-1", "21 of hearts" and "3 1/2 of clubs" are well known.
So, I'm looking for ideas - I figured that many of these cards or the very similar ones were at some point used in packet tricks, so it would be great to know some of the trick names. I can at the very least find the original presentation and then try to figure out the trick's mechanics... If there are any tutorial DVDs out there for gaffed cards that would be somewhat applicable for this deck, that is even better! Some cards in the deck made me scratch my head and I couldn't find any use for them.
Appreciate any recommendations!

B
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
This should give you some ideas. You have to be able to change as needed to somewhat different cards, but you should be able to find some presentations that will work.

http://www.ellusionist.com/army-of-57.html
alicauchy
View Profile
Veteran user
Málaga, Spain
310 Posts

Profile of alicauchy
Interestingly enough, although it reads "army of 57", the link is OK.

Good material there, and food for the brain to imagine alternative presentations!
So much to do, so little time . . .
basilisk
View Profile
New user
California
9 Posts

Profile of basilisk
That helps a lot, thank you guys! A lot of good routines in there, Justin Miller doesn't disappoint.

PS: Even more interesting that today if you open the link, the URL changes to "army-of-58". If you use the numbers from 54 to 58 it will get you to the same page, other numbers get you "page not found". Go figure!
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
The Bicycle Gaff Effect Deck (2014) from 1st Magic Studio is now apparently sold out, out of print, and unavailable.

However in the last year or two 1st Magic Studio has produced a second version of this deck, entitled Bicycle Super Gaff Deck. According to one source, "This deck includes many of the favorite cards from the first version, plus about a dozen new designs."

Does anyone have any information about how the Super Gaff deck compares with the original, i.e. what cards are unchanged, what cards have been removed, and what cards have been added? I'm wondering how closely they compare.

I don't think this deck actually included any packet tricks, but just individual cards that can be used in a variety of ways, is that correct?

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Bicycle Gaff Deck (by 1st magic studio) - ideas needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL