The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Roll up sun shade? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Wasn't sure where to post this, but it's parlor sized.....

Has anyone found the roll-up sun shades that Gaeten Bloom showed in his Penguin Live lecture? Are they for sale here in the U.S.?

Thanks much,
Kevin
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Are you looking for the roller shades only? If so they are sold in auto parts stores in many colors this year. They attach to the side windows with suction cups. I believe I seen some in Wal-Mart this week. You would have to put the message on yourself. If he described how to make then in the lecture, then most likely you will have to make them yourself.

I seem to remember something like this be reviewed on the World Magic review show last year. They did not mention Gaeton Bloom in the review. I think they were made by a guy in the U.K., just going by memory though.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Bill,
Did you see the lecture? This was not a typical rollershade. I've been to several auto stores, this isn't the one they sell. This one has no spring, no roller. It's plastic.

Not looking to put a message on there either. Just looking for a few sight gags.

Thanks,
Kevin
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Dearwiseone, no I am not as rich as you, I did not see the lecture. Just going by what you described and what has been on the market.

Sorry, then I guess I cannot help you, I really like Gaeton Bloom's magic, have his lecture notes from the 1970's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Roll up sun shade? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL