The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paragon - New version (3D) (50 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
The paragon box is very slightly larger
I love sponges
MagicDamo
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of MagicDamo
Thanks professorwho, does this make the Paragon 3D gimmick unworkable with the 3Sixty box?
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
No, you just need to trim the gimmick a bit
I love sponges
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
It's a shame the right size box wasn't included from the outset. Is there an opportunity for early purchasers to buy the bigger box at a discount?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
It's a shame the right size box wasn't included from the outset. Is there an opportunity for early purchasers to buy the bigger box at a discount?

I don't believe so because it really isn't necessary. The original 3sixty boxes will still work fine.
MagicDamo
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of MagicDamo
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2015, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:

I don't believe so because it really isn't necessary. The original 3sixty boxes will still work fine.

Thank you for confirming this information, I'll go ahead and buy the upgrade.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Bought this a while back and my initital impression was that I loved it. However, now that I have finally started to construct the gimmick I am having a problem.
Because of the way this works the box needs to be small enough to create a pretty tight fit for the folded card, but because of the tight fit the card sometimes gets stuck and either requires a couple taps to dislodge or sometimes it simply will not fall out at all. Jon Allen even has to give it a couple taps on occasion in the demo video.

Curious if anyone else has already been down this road and could offer any tips or suggestions?
Please PM me if you think you might be exposing something.
BTW, I have the newer slightly larger box.
bobgill
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of bobgill
At the end of the DVD for the new Paragon 3D Jon Allen says something on the lines, "I hope you agree with me that this is the cleanest form of card to clear box there is."

I believe I have well nigh all the versions of card to box - clear or otherwise - and on reflection I believe Jon is correct.

You could not end any cleaner - just their signed card, folded, and an empty, examinable box. And a huge advance on Wayne Dobson's clever thinking in 3Sixty, which is good - but not this good.

A reminder that if you bought the 3Sixty box from Wayne or Jon, it is just 1mm smaller than the box Jon now sells as the Paragon Box; it makes no odds to the working, you just trim the gimmick a gnat's. In this case Jon very sportingly provides the 3D as an add-on to the original box.

If you want to do the routine, with no moves to speak of (apart of course from a M*****y F**d - get the reaction - do an instant reset - and move on in your strolling work: Mystery Solved may still be the way to go.

But if it is important to you that you end clean: leave the box with them: and still have a pretty quick reset - this is the version for you.

Jon also provides a couple of stand-up/parlour mentalism presentations with billets - an Add-A-Number and a cut-down version of Confabulation. So it has a greater application than just a close-up card in box.

And - the DVD has very clear explanations and demonstrations, including the psychology of the effect and its rationale as a presentation for laypeople. Everything is covered, and it is nice to see great crediting at the end.

This is a major contribution to this prolific effect.
Deej1
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Deej1
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2015, videoman wrote:
Agreed.
Jon Allen's short temper gets the best of him - again.
Don't leave the Café yet TG.
Jon's just one cranky guy who always sees himself as the poor victim in every situation he's unhappy with.

Cranky and short tempered?! Sorry; I only just saw this post. Evidently you and Jon have not brought out the best in each other. In my experience, though, Jon Allen is a clever and creative guy with great respect for others. He's very helpful and extremely generous with his time and advice. I'm not going to get into a tussle over it; the Café has too much of such nonsense! Whatever the misunderstanding, though, I am compelled to say I have aways found Jon eminently reasonable and patient. I'm sure I could say the same about you if we'd had similar dealings.

Best regards to you
Careful shopper & author of 'Magic by phone'
SpringBizkit
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of SpringBizkit
So I Might be pulling up an Old Thread here.

I just got the Paragon 3D box, went through all the instructions and did everything. The box is brilliantly beautiful. I enjoy working with it and gave it a couple test runs where I currently perform table hopping.

My only issue, which I'd love some PM's about is the card getting stuck? I've done it exactly the way I was supposed to. Proper cuts etc. The card fits inside well. However sometimes if the card is pressed down a touch, it jams itself up a bit and upon taking out, it doesn't come out. So now I'm tapping away at my hand for it to come out. It does take a few taps and sometimes it takes more than that. I'd love any suggestions to help with it being stuck/jammed? Doing anything more would make it 'collapse' and not look 'full' in the box.

Thanks a bunch!
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
That’s why I have gone back over to the original Paragon, mine kept hanging and wouldn’t fall out and kept getting stuck also
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Anyone know the differences between Paragon 3D by Jon Allen vs. David Penn's Mystery Solved ?

Pros, cons ? Differences ?

They look very similar ?

Thanks !
Long Island,

New York
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paragon - New version (3D) (50 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL