The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Name of David Copperfield's interactive TV trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drgnjames123
View Profile
New user
delaware
32 Posts

Profile of drgnjames123
Does anyone know the "name" of the interactive trick that David did on one of his specials? I know one he did was the Orient Express but there was another one he did earlier with pictures of celebrities. I am not looking for the explanation of the trick just the name.

Thanks, James.
James
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
Hmmm...David has done MANY interactive tricks like this. If I am remembering correctly, the trick done on the Orient Express was the first time he did one on TV. He then did one on "Flying," "Fires Of Passion," "Unexplained Forces," and the German version of "Tornado Of Fire." None of them delt with celebrities then. The only thing I can think of right now with pictures of Celebs was a trick he did called ESP. This was only done a few years ago, and has not been on a television special. It did involve a lot of audience interaction though.

If you're thinking of something else, then it is not an interative trick that used the home audience. I'll think about it, but I am not sure what you're talking about. The only thing that came to mind was a trick done my Max Maven on the "World's Greatest Magic," where a ton of pictures were brought on (all of celebs), and they were deducted one by one until only one was left (anna nicole smith), who just happend to be there. I can't think of anything Copperfield did like this. Are you sure it was an interactive trick? And did it use the home audience, or just the audience in the theater?
Believe In Magic....I do!
drgnjames123
View Profile
New user
delaware
32 Posts

Profile of drgnjames123
He did do a number of at home illusions like interacive clock illusion, a miracle in yor home, touch the magic and the playing card illusion but I can think of which one used pics like the orient express. I'm trying to do an interactive trick by video taping myself and telling a story removing cards as the people who watch the tape can touch the tv set. If any one knows which trick involved people's pics let me know it was done before the orient express show.

Thanks James.
James
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
Once again, the first special that ever had an interactive trick for the people watching on their TV was the Orient Express special. That one, and all specials he has had since, has never had anything like this involving celebrities. Could you have your magicians mixed up?
Believe In Magic....I do!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
These pick spot on the TV tricks are mathmatical tricks redressed to entertain as magic.

The 1st I know of was Astral-Logical by Roger Ritter marketed in the 70' or 80's. LRL Enterprises, 1964 Carman Ave., Hollywood, CA 90028 is the address on the instructions. The deluxe set came with a auto cassette, for a prediction on tape giving instructions to the spectator. They had a no tape version but I never purchased it.

Then Tannen's came out with a murder version and a small plastic animal version.

It is very old, but I do not know the original math trick it is designed from.
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
It was on a copprefild special the uk show of his show iwht his girlfriend inthe big house with best of ; flyig, walking thru a wall and all that stuff.

It was the old clock trick dressed up by replacing the cards normally used for images of celebs with a finish in which he snapped his fingers causing al the pictures but the one the at home audience were focusing on to fall from a clear sheet of plastic they were mounted upon. The method for this was simply the clock dial force.

It was efinatly Copperfield thou.

Criss.
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
When you say "Celebrities", perhaps you are thinking of the one that was done on Worlds Greatest Magic ending on John Rhitters nose.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Name of David Copperfield's interactive TV trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL