The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » New effect - needs a name and some thoughts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SmaltrabTheAverage
View Profile
New user
Waiting for a positive comment from Pegasus for
60 Posts

Profile of SmaltrabTheAverage
Hi everyone,

I have an effect I'm hoping to release and need your thoughts...
The effect includes the use of a gimmick, which I currently make myself, and needs one gimmick each time you do the effect. Would you gimmick users be happy to make these yourself with the instruction of a DVD/download along with the routine, or prefer to buy the gimmicks ready made? (Which I'm struggling to find a way of getting the printed)
The gimmick takes around 5 mins maximum for each card when you get used to making them.

Who would be up for doing a review and letting me know your thoughts if I filmed a demo along with a 10 min or so of instructions? It also needs a title!!

Mark
conjurus_maximus
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of conjurus_maximus
I am very much into making stuff. 5 minutes doesn't seem so bad at all. I'd be up for reviewing anything you got.
SmaltrabTheAverage
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 1, 2015, conjurus_maximus wrote:
I am very much into making stuff. 5 minutes doesn't seem so bad at all. I'd be up for reviewing anything you got.

That's great, I'll film something over the next few days, will be very no frills, and would look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Mark
Sentoki
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Sentoki
I would also review it if you want to.
harshitgoel
View Profile
New user
India
7 Posts

Profile of harshitgoel
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2015, SmaltrabTheAverage wrote:
Hi everyone,

The effect includes the use of a gimmick, which I currently make myself, and needs one gimmick each time you do the effect. Would you gimmick users be happy to make these yourself with the instruction of a DVD/download along with the routine, or prefer to buy the gimmicks ready made? (Which I'm struggling to find a way of getting the printed)
The gimmick takes around 5 mins maximum for each card when you get used to making them.

Who would be up for doing a review and letting me know your thoughts if I filmed a demo along with a 10 min or so of instructions? It also needs a title!!

Mark

It depends person to person about the DIY of gimmick... Many people who have issues with shipping rates would prefer a DIY. Many people who like quality over a price would like to buy it ready made... Why no be ready to make a video and a refill... Downloadable content with gimmick as optional
harshitgoel
View Profile
New user
India
7 Posts

Profile of harshitgoel
Well on the part of printed cards, the phoenix playing cards can do a small run for you which you can use for prototyping, and if it works out, get a large quantity from USPCC. But beware about the printing on standard back, uspcc has become more strict with their IPR
SmaltrabTheAverage
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 4, 2015, harshitgoel wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2015, SmaltrabTheAverage wrote:
Hi everyone,

Mark

It depends person to person about the DIY of gimmick... Many people who have issues with shipping rates would prefer a DIY. Many people who like quality over a price would like to buy it ready made... Why no be ready to make a video and a refill... Downloadable content with gimmick as optional

That is sounding like the better option at the moment, I'm not sure it will a big enough seller to warrant a large order from USPCC, and I wouldn't want to market it as such either. Tried filming last night but the card got corrupted after dropping a magnet on it! Take 2 over the weekend.

Thank you all for your input, it's much appreciated.
conjurus_maximus
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of conjurus_maximus
Awesome, look forward to it

Quote:
On Sep 2, 2015, SmaltrabTheAverage wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2015, conjurus_maximus wrote:

That's great, I'll film something over the next few days, will be very no frills, and would look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Mark
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
568 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Seems hard to monetize; Youtube will squash it instantly.
If you can make them cheap enough for the rack in novelty/magic shops you might move a few units.

SmaltrabTheAverage
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 4, 2015, Mr Salk wrote:
Seems hard to monetize; Youtube will squash it instantly.
If you can make them cheap enough for the rack in novelty/magic shops you might move a few units.

Yes, I've no doubt about that. If it makes a few $ or £ then that's a bonus. I'm more interested in sharing what is quite a nice effect with the magic community. For most it's not an opener, and not really a closer, just a nice filler. It's more than a novelty shop item as there are moves and confidence needed to pull it off, but we can but try!
Seanamon
View Profile
New user
Victoria, Texas
70 Posts

Profile of Seanamon
I'd be happy to help with a review, but I have to be honest, I'm a very direct person, and do not pull punches, while staying constructive. If you want the straight truth, without any handholding, I'm happy to help. If not, please pass me by.

It would make a big difference if you actually have a video teach-in where they see you construct/prepare the gaff correctly.

Seanamon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » New effect - needs a name and some thoughts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL