The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Red Alert: New Bill Goodwin Two-DVD Set STILL WATERS (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of supremefiction
I am so thrilled to have ordered this item by one of the greatest card men ever.

BILL GOODWIN
Still Waters DVD

Disc One
The Cannibal Cards
Pre-Pre-Figuration
Spectator Cuts
Shake Change
Ambition

EXTRAS

The Cannibal Cards - Magic Castle performance
Pre-Pre-Figuration - Magic Castle performance

Disc Two
Visual Transposition
Pocket Calculator
The Wenderz Flip
Sudden Sandwich
Turning Point

EXTRAS
Pocket Calculator - Magic Castle performance
Interview

http://www.billgoodwinmagic.com/still_waters.html

I have having a much better week knowing this is en route.

Get it, people!
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
Thanks for the heads up. Bill is awesome. I particularly love the Cannibals routine. Great thinking.

Mike
bangustar
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of bangustar
Pretty late announcement for this excellent stuff! I also didn't know that something new was comming up from Mr Goodwin.
I agree, the Cannibal Cards are awesome, but hard to perform smoothly like Mr Goodwin is doing.The best part is, you end completelt clean, which is rare in this particular effect.
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
348 Posts

Profile of KLG
Besides the Cannibal Cards, Pocket Calculator also a great effect. The plot is very unique and very interesting.
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
The Cannibals routine is a little difficult to perform smoothly but I love it. The cards vanish one by one and then you're totally clean without ditching anything! Perfect.

I have the notes with the routine, but I'll bet the DVD addresses some fine points. Looking forward to it.

Mike
jman466
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of jman466
I was lucky enough to get to the Castle this week where Bill is performing in the Close Up Gallery and that Cannibals routine really is smooth and silky! There were a lot of gasps throughout the whole set - but that was the one that my guests were still talking about the next day. He also performed Oxnard Split (from Reflections) oh so perfectly. Bill is just such an elegant handler of cards - really love his style.

Jason
Ian Richards
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of Ian Richards
I still have a memory of a few years ago of watching Bill Goodwin perform live. In addition to having flawless technique, I also found him to be a very entertaining and engaging performer - in other words - a great magician.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Dan and Dave's recent email also offers 5 of the effects (streaming, I would suppose as I have bought other videos like this from them), They are priced from $3 - $8 ea if you just wanted a taste. I am sure the DVD is a better value being a physical product with a lot more info, But... if you are on a tight budget.
I may check out Cannibal Kings (just because I love the plot and do several variations already)
http://shop.dananddave.com/catalogsearch......+goodwin
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Just got this DVD from Bill Goodwin about a week ago and have been working on his Cannibal Cards routine. What a gem! It's not nearly as difficult to do as I had assumed but the count sequence is a bit tough to do smoothly. For me the most difficult part is the switching of packets during the count. At times it comes out smooth, other times not so smooth. I will definitely give this routine the practice it deserves as I can see this going over really well with laymen, especially that clean ending! Anyone else working on this this routine?

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
sennheiser
View Profile
New user
Germany
68 Posts

Profile of sennheiser
Can anyone give a review of this DVD?
Thanks!
MasterGrip
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of MasterGrip
I's not as good as the first one.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
The Wenderz Flip and the Shake Change are both poor ideas and not up to the typical Goodwin standard.

There are a few great rousines on here. But the good to bad ratio is worse than the first set.
sennheiser
View Profile
New user
Germany
68 Posts

Profile of sennheiser
@MasterGrip and @Rupert Pupkin
Thanks for your comments about the DVD set.

I think I will pass on this and maybe buy the Denis Behr set instead.
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of asherfox
There is a bonus (1002nd conditionally) showed in the booklet. But where is it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Red Alert: New Bill Goodwin Two-DVD Set STILL WATERS (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL