The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November & December 2015 entrée: John Carey » » Generosity » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Clark
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of Clark
I'll get to a question here shortly, but I'd like to make a comment for anyone who might be hearing about Mr Carey for the first time here on the Café. I've been I magic for the around 25 years now and I've seen and met some wonderful people. I can say that from my direct experience, John is unequivocally the most generous creator in the art today.
Personally, I've come to a place with my magic where I consider whom I spend my money with just as much as I do the material I'm buying. My goal is to support the people who "give back" as much as I possibly can. I've personally experienced JC's generosity above and beyond what I can express here and I'd like to make a point of saying JC's material is genius, yes, which is reason enough to track and study it. But I'm happy to say the man makes time for EVERYONE who contacts him, studies under him, but also anyone who just loves magic in general.

JC you're so free in the sharing of your knowledge and material, do you have a general philosophy on this sort of thing? I know that Kevin, your teacher, was amazingly giving when you first started out. Do you think your interaction with Kevin laid a foundation for you in this way, or did it come much later? In an industry where many are trying to sell every idea they have for a quick buck, I think how you operate within our brotherhood is not only important to note but is an object lesson in how to sustain the business end while at the same time giving back. I'd love to hear a few thoughts from you on this.

Thank you for everything, sir.
Shannon C
“The key to creativity is in knowing how to hide your sources.”
Albert Einstein
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2015, Clark wrote:
I'll get to a question here shortly, but I'd like to make a comment for anyone who might be hearing about Mr Carey for the first time here on the Café. I've been I magic for the around 25 years now and I've seen and met some wonderful people. I can say that from my direct experience, John is unequivocally the most generous creator in the art today.
Personally, I've come to a place with my magic where I consider whom I spend my money with just as much as I do the material I'm buying. My goal is to support the people who "give back" as much as I possibly can. I've personally experienced JC's generosity above and beyond what I can express here and I'd like to make a point of saying JC's material is genius, yes, which is reason enough to track and study it. But I'm happy to say the man makes time for EVERYONE who contacts him, studies under him, but also anyone who just loves magic in general.

JC you're so free in the sharing of your knowledge and material, do you have a general philosophy on this sort of thing? I know that Kevin, your teacher, was amazingly giving when you first started out. Do you think your interaction with Kevin laid a foundation for you in this way, or did it come much later? In an industry where many are trying to sell every idea they have for a quick buck, I think how you operate within our brotherhood is not only important to note but is an object lesson in how to sustain the business end while at the same time giving back. I'd love to hear a few thoughts from you on this.

Thank you for everything, sir.
Shannon C

Hey Buddy!

Thank you so much for your kind words. I was brought up to believe it's good to give. With my magic I've been blessed to have formed friendships with some truly wonderful people, your good self being a case in point. I love to help people with their work and ideas. I also love to share material. This is how we can evolve and improve input study of this wonderful craft. I have no time for some of the rehashed crapiola that is being put out these days. I much prefer to do my writing, workshops and lectures and simply share what I may have to offer.

Sending you and Lori and the girls my love pal X
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November & December 2015 entrée: John Carey » » Generosity » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL