The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Dynamo on Lorraine (UK) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Saw him at Birmingham.... I was the one who kept safe his grand finale present that he shows at the end....then I watched hs live show again on TV when it was broadcast live from London o2 arena

Sleepy
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2016, Tarik Flash wrote:
Jamie Raven did exactly the same effect on her only a few months ago , she had obviously seen it before , who hasn't ?

I would of done a different trick what was unique to me and hasn't been done before by someone else, I reckon I would of done a better job with my repertwoire
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
People who are focused on their work tend to forget a lot of the stuff that is outside of their work range... and based on masked magician ppl doesn't even remember how an effect works a day later they saw the method.

seeing and learning are 2 independent things.

Smile
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2016, Tarik Flash wrote:
Jamie Raven did exactly the same effect on her only a few months ago , she had obviously seen it before , who hasn't ?

I would of done a different trick what was unique to me and hasn't been done before by someone else, I reckon I would of done a better job with my repertwoire

Stop slating dynamo for something that he chose to do....and Karl believe it or not its harder than it looks to do what he does on TV...so until you can do that on TV,I won't think you could make your repertoire better than dynamos
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
My trick that I would do is my original not taken off somebody else like the kiss trick, be original is my motto in magic
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
My trick that I would do is my original not taken off somebody else like the kiss trick, be original is my motto in magic

I hear ya, Karl. Every thing that I do is original to me. However, I have noticed that some of the original things that I do are being released by someone else. I have been doing an effect for years and I see that is was just released. Sadly, the released effect uses a gimmick that requires the purchases of refills and mine only requires a deck of un-gimmicked cards. Maybe I should release some of my work before others release my work for me.

kj
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:

I completely understand what your saying ...but your material isn't always going to be original if you buy magic tricks...which I'm pretty sire you do Karl....but yes I think your performance should be original

Sleepy
Cardmagicdavid
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of Cardmagicdavid
Dynamo tv live show was not great , I expected a lot more . Blaine is miles ahead of him when it comes to live performance. Also Dynamo seemed a bit rude towards participants getting to the stage slowly very disappointing.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2016, Cardmagicdavid wrote:
Dynamo tv live show was not great , I expected a lot more . Blaine is miles ahead of him when it comes to live performance. Also Dynamo seemed a bit rude towards participants getting to the stage slowly very disappointing.

Really! In what ways did you find it disappointing... I mean IMO it was pretty good...knew how most of of was done but his performance was pretty good...and he was just joking around or the participants getting there slowly and if they didn't hurry it would have been random silence which you don't want in a live show

Sleepy
Cardmagicdavid
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of Cardmagicdavid
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2016, Sleepymentalism wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2016, Cardmagicdavid wrote:

Really! In what ways did you find it disappointing... I mean IMO it was pretty good...knew how most of of was done but his performance was pretty good...and he was just joking around or the participants getting there slowly and if they didn't hurry it would have been random silence which you don't want in a live show

Sleepy

I just felt the whole broadcast was poor , didn't really capture the atmosphere of a live show , a lot of it felt rushed. I know they have tv times to stick to but it felt like it revolved too much around that then the actual show. Trick's were good but some didn't seem anywhere near as polished as I would have expected.

That's fair enough , but I just felt he was a little disrespectful at times , the O2 arena is big place and getting volunteer's from far back in the audience to reach the stage will take time and then having a go joking or not seemed rude, they could have been slow getting to the stage because of a physical disability probably not but he wouldn't know. Maybe he could have done a visual piece of magic that was shown on the big screen while the audience members walked to the stage to keep interest up.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:

ROTFL you've been doing magic for 3 weeks and now you're better than Dynamo lol.

And you spent £2500 at blackpool on other peoples creations. Very original of you Smile
rgemagic
View Profile
New user
uk
55 Posts

Profile of rgemagic
We all stand on the shoulders of giants, I believe if we talk solely about the effect show in clip, he has created an improvement on the original effect, but when you are watching someone like Dynamo it is very easy to point and crittersize someone else. Magic is very easy to do when no one else is there but its the ability to do it when the pressure is on and alas many more people fall short at this point, than pass the grade. What Dynamo is doing is keep magic popular and relevant, so more people want to watch it. I think its great he is not stand still but looking at improve already great effects because it is when we stand still the dust starts to settle!
lynockmagic
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of lynockmagic
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2016, GAMJoker wrote:
Sadly you can see on camera that this is a f**p card, but for a life performance it's a really cool idea to make it possible to show the card just until the last moment.

How does he do the convincer? I obviously know the regular 'Sealed with a kiss' trick but I've never seen that convicer before...
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2016, lynockmagic wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2016, GAMJoker wrote:
Sadly you can see on camera that this is a f**p card, but for a life performance it's a really cool idea to make it possible to show the card just until the last moment.

How does he do the convincer? I obviously know the regular 'Sealed with a kiss' trick but I've never seen that convicer before...

Magic!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Dynamo on Lorraine (UK) (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL