The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » So last night. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Last night was interesting. I had a show that if you asked me before the show I would have said it was setting up to be one of the worst ever. Even after starting I thought so.

Usually here at the resorts we do the shows in the theaters. Last night a group had rented the theater which is usually no problem because they have a secondary outdoor place which is great. Only problem was the rain so we end up in a bar at an all inclusive resort with no real defined performance space.

The staff did everything they could and then some. But it was loud it was what I would have called impossible. Drunks coming up sitting in chairs before I ask and have to bounce them out LOL. So I do get volunteers! Wow first hurdle cleared. Then right in the middle of the induction sound goes out. No biggie keep going. Sound guy works his bit off and gets it back on DURING the rest of the induction. OK I am thinking it is pretty much over at this point.

Nope show went on and went well. I was a bit shocked. Even doing the show in comedy clubs there was not so many distractions.

I prefer theater settings!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Well done Danny that's how I spent my first six months doing shows Ha! I then vowed I would never do another! One night I had a bottle of beer miss my head before that they re standing/ dancing on the tables shouting sing me a song and refused to get off them. However the Bottle of Beer was the last straw I had to walk out. That was one of the worst ones but there were quite a few at the start. I guess its good for character building though.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes I have sworn them off as well. But things are what they are and people were there so it had to be.

I started by doing them but it has been a while.

The advantage here was the staff. Great help and all knowing what I need. That is huge help.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Fair play for coming through that! Well done.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
HUGE difference between magic and hypnosis in this situation.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Oh lord huge is right.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Huge difference in every situation really.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Drunks and magic is easy. Just get on, get on with it and get out. Not fun, not the best show but it works.

Doing the hypnosis show is different. Far different.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
fishfishfish87
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of fishfishfish87
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2016, Dannydoyle wrote:
Mark Lewis said...
Mark Lewis here. Just one thing. I never post anonymously.

Lol
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Where did that post appear? I assume hes been kicked off already
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Apparently he was just kicked off again LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » So last night. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL