The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Kostya Kimlat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KidMagic87
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of KidMagic87
I met this magician at Tannen's camp last year. Alhtough he's just becoming fairly famous in the magic world, he is easily one of the best card workers I've seen. His triumph routine I hands down the best I've seen. I know he has lecture notes, and a review of them would be greatly appreciated.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
I have his "Card Work, Card Play" notes, which I recommend unreservedly to any intermediate-or-better card worker. The material deals with a fairly limited number of general concepts, but shows how they can be varied to accomplish many different purposes and effects. The moves are highly useful, workable, and well-taught (but will require practice), and the accompanying CD of video clips showing how the moves should look, both in demo mode and in real-world performances, is a welcome inclusion. And while the material will likely inspire you to develop your own applications, the routines included are finely crafted pieces of strong, entertaining magic. In particular, Satan's Monte stands out as a baffling, emotionally involving, and, at the end, genuinely startling routine that I really, really wish I had thought of myself.

I passed up the chance to get Kostya's older notes explaining his RoadRunner Cull and his Triumph routine, for which I've been kicking myself ever since I heard they went out of print. Don't miss out on getting whatever he has left.

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
984 Posts

Profile of jbadman
I have both sets of Kostya's notes. Everything the guy does is outstanding. A rising star. His triumph is great. There's one routine in his first set of notes that I swear is the best card routine I've ever seen anyone perform (and I mean perform - he does this effect SO well). Just get the notes.

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
I'd also like to say that whoever did the camera-work on the CD (during the real-world performance section) is an exceptionally skilled cinematographer. Additionally, I'm a heck of a nice guy Smile

Paul

p.s. Kostya is extremely talented, and his work is very, very clever.
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Hi? Could someone tell me where I might purchase his
note's? Thank you
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
KidMagic87
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of KidMagic87
I just got his last set of lecture notes from Tannen's. They should be arriving tomorrow, and I'm really excited. Thanks for your help!

P.S. Markymark, I think they're sold out everywhere; try e-bay.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Decker
View Profile
Loyal user
Hades
211 Posts

Profile of Decker
Wow. Sold out huh? I really didn't expect that but Im glad I have a set.
"He had alot to say... He had alot of nothing to say..." --MJK
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Quote:
On 2004-03-10 01:08, Decker wrote:
Wow. Sold out huh? I really didn't expect that but Im glad I have a set.

I'll see Kostya on Saturday and find out what the deal is with the notes. He may still have a few copies but it wouldn't suprise me if he didn't. The stuff Kostya does is very good and worthy of any serious card workers attention. Also, if he is completely out, there is a good chance that he will be reprinting them for a few conventions he is attending (Battle of Magicians and LVMI).

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
shahin
View Profile
New user
Germany
92 Posts

Profile of shahin
I just received a mail from kostya : ...Unfortunately, I don't have any more of the new notes
available right now. I will be reprinting them in
early april....

shahin
Kostya
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Kostya
Hey,

Thanks to everyone for their comments/questions.

"Card Work, Card Play" is once again available. It is 60 pages and comes with a CD-ROM that showcases everything in the book. If you would like detailed content info, just e-mail me at k@kmagic.com.

Thanks.

-Kostya
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Kostya Kimlat (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL