The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Working while injured? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Some of you may remember that in 2007, I became the first and only person to get out of a straitjacket while in zero gravity. Does anybody remember that I did it with a broken arm? The doctor warned me that if I did it, surgery could be right around the corner. Luckily I Dodged that bullet. I somehow neglected to tell the flight staff and pilot about my injury until after the flight. They were not happy when they heard.

Next week I am doing three shows over the weekend, and my trainer thinks I may have a small torn muscle. Could be biceps or triceps, or something related. Thankfully I am right handed and it is my left arm that is hurting. Not so in 2007 with the fracture; that was the right arm.

Anyone else had to perform while less than 100% and or the mend?
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
After a while, they just don't quite heal. It's an occupational gizzard.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Broke a nail once but had to push on
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Everyone has a story.
Ian probably struck the nail with a heavy hammer, it didn't have enough carbon, so it bent.

I've stripped a screw on more then one occasion.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
I screwed a stripper as well !!!! Yep sadly injuries are part of the game if your doing it full time. To break a contract could be more painful than a broke leg !! Money wise.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Bloody hell!

I managed to chip a tooth last night. A very minor chip, it does not show to look at it, but I can feel it. Probably a five minute smoothing job from a dentist will fix it. That is the second time I have managed to do that. The first was about 8 years ago, and was visually apparent to look at. That required a bit more dental assistance.

My wife says I need to find a different routine and change up my act from locking picking with a dime in my teeth. I hesitate to do that as I am the only person I am aware of doing the routine. That makes it my signature trick I suppose.
Magic is like Science,
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Why pay a dentist? Do what I did. Get a fine toothed file and take a few swipes every so often… just like they do with horses.
And that way you’ll create the shape you like, not what the dentist wants to do.

And why are you using a dime between your teeth? Don’t you know you can chip a tooth that way?
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2016, Cliffg37 wrote:
I am the only person I am aware of doing the routine.

now you probably know why. You could always do something that appears plausible than comic book.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Actually I think the odds are in my favor. I have probably done the effect 50 times since I started doing it in 2007. Maybe more. Only had trouble twice. Besides that, I like comic books. If I ever get put in a 1960's Batman style deathtrap, I know all I need is a dime.
Magic is like Science,
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Costs more than that to call 911, IF you can find a pay phone. 😉
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I just poked an eye out with a screwdriver.
My insurance company said they would probably send me 10.000 dollars

But I don’t think I’ll see half of it.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
I hate when that happens.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Working while injured? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL