The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Position Impossible by Brent Braun (ACAAN) (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
Freddie Henderson
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Freddie Henderson
Mastermind deck is much better and a clean ribbon spread can be shown . If your deck is clumping just make them into slick cards it’s very very easy . I am not a fan of the Svengali dribble spread and the cutting is also not always 100% either .
braunmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of braunmagic
Freddie, Position Impossible does not use the Svengali Dribble spread. It uses the exact same display as the Mastermind deck. All 52 cards are seen in a traditional spread fashion with no dribbling required. As far as the cutting Position Impossible cards are factory cut by the USPCC to the highest standards to eliminate what you see with some aftermarket cut Svengali Decks.

Enders depending on the venue and the event I will use either Position Impossible or my card at number on my DVD. Both are great but for a really drunk and close crowd I will use the one on my DVD as there is less worry that a handsy spectator will ruin the moment. Although for me showing the other 51 cards isn’t important from a method stand point I just think it add clarity and build up before the reveal. A nice moment to say if you had chosen any of these other numbers this wouldn’t have worked but you wanted 11. This is also why I make them change their mind a few times before announcing the number. It creates that “what if” that keeps them up at night. Smile
Freddie Henderson
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Freddie Henderson
Yes sorry Brent I realise my mistake as I was getting a bit confused with the spread on icontact etc . You certainly perform it beautifully as saw you demoing this at Blackpool 🙂
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2018, Freddie Henderson wrote:
Mastermind deck is much better and a clean ribbon spread can be shown .

It seems to me that the Mastermind deck only has one advantage over the Position Impossible deck:
- Advantage Mastermind: people can touch any card instead of choosing a number, and that can have presentational advantages (e.g. Wayne Houchin's fine "Influence" presentation won't be possible with a Position Impossible deck).

But aside from that, it seems to me that Position Impossible has all the advantages:
- Advantage Position Impossible: clean and full display of adjacent cards
- Advantage Position Impossible: can shuffle more freely, less fear of flashing
- Advantage Position Impossible: almost all reports about the Mastermind deck state that it quickly clumps and handles poorly with spreads
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
The link to the instructions seems to be broken or shut down.
Is there a new link I should be using?

Thank you
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2018, Freddie Henderson wrote:
Mastermind deck is much better and a clean ribbon spread can be shown . If your deck is clumping just make them into slick cards it’s very very easy . I am not a fan of the Svengali dribble spread and the cutting is also not always 100% either .

Given the known issues with clumping with the Mastermind deck, has anyone tried fanning powder to see if that fixes it?
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Yes. I recently applied fanning powder to my MM deck and it's resolved the clumping issue, at least for the time being.
eddiescott98
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of eddiescott98
Hello. So I have Position Impossible, and it is a great trick. The only downside to mine is that I didn't get the odd/even sort he talks about in the video. There's no rhyme or reason to my clean cards vs. the force ones. That said, I bought a Mastermind deck, hoping to be able to make two additional Position Impossible decks, but it didn't quite work out. They are still usable, and I have a workaround, but the way the Mastermind deck comes, one of my newly created P.I.decks has only 50 cards, and the other has only 48. One thing I didn't understand about the Mastermind deck is why they gave me a clean force along with the rest of the cards. In my mind, the clean one prevents the performer from spreading the full Mastermind deck at the end. Still, the PI concept is wonderful.
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
697 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Any lefties been using PI since release? There were a few exchanges earlier in the thread about how it might not be the easiest deck to deal with for left handers. Just wondered if anyone can share experiences as I'm a lefty thinking of purchasing...? Thanks!
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
This is 24% off today!

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7000
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2021, Magic KL wrote:
This is 24% off today!

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7000

This is definitely a good deal for $30!
virtualwizard
View Profile
Regular user
Bailey Island, Maine
167 Posts

Profile of virtualwizard
I'm a lefty and have no problem with this --a quick adjustment is all that you need.
Mike the Magician
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
I have the deck available for sale in good condition if anyone needs a backup, an extra or just wants this fantastic deck. PM if needed.
Damian1031
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Damian1031
I am having a slight issue with my PI deck - cutting the deck to the force card doesn't work on mine as it does on any normal SV deck - if the deck is cut, about half the time the force card is picked up with the cut - anyone have the same issue and know if I am doing something wrong here? Normally with a SV deck I can cut right to the S card, not with my PI deck for some reason
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Is it a long side cut Svengali deck? As if so that’s your issue Gaz .😊
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Two questions.

Does it come in blue?

Are there alternative selection ideas other then a dribble selection?
Vanian
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA - Santa Fe, NM
154 Posts

Profile of Vanian
I'm late to the game on this one but, I just bought Position Impossible from Vanishing Inc, and I like the trick in general, but unfortuantely with my deck, the faces of all of the force cards are a noticable different shade of white than the normal cards. So if I do the spread to show all cards, every other card is beige. Looks very suspicious.
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2023, Vanian wrote:
I'm late to the game on this one but, I just bought Position Impossible from Vanishing Inc, and I like the trick in general, but unfortuantely with my deck, the faces of all of the force cards are a noticable different shade of white than the normal cards. So if I do the spread to show all cards, every other card is beige. Looks very suspicious.

Have you contacted Vanishing Inc to report this? I'm sure they be very helpful at sorting out your problem.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Position Impossible by Brent Braun (ACAAN) (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL