The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » How do you carry it (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Balloons will definitely give your show a "feel". It will feel like a kids thing. I am not saying it is a good or a bad thing, it is just a thing.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
True. If you are in a family type restaurant where kids are expected that would be good. If you were in a high scale resturaunt then perhaps not
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
If I came to a table with a few women feeling their drinks, balloons were usually a welcome addition. I used to use the napkin to rose in that situation, but with all the gals wanting one, it took too long to make with no audience interaction. My routines are most successful when I can put something in the spectator's hand, or, as in gambling routines, keep them actively involved.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Regardless the perception of the public is kids and balloons in general.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I travel very light, with almost everything in my wallet, around my neck, or on my keychain so I don't even need to carry anything else. The only exception to that is either one or two packs of cards, the second deck being mostly refills for the first, including DB, DF, ungimmicked duplicate cards, and a few gaff cards, like for Anniversary Waltz.

I do have a question: I have been thinking about adding a magnetic flipper coin and a magnetic "regular" coin to my wallet. My wallet has a coin pouch, and I have two very small leather coin "purses" inside the coin pouch. These coins would go in one of the purses, and then in the built in coin pouch. Would that ruin my credit card mag stripe?

KJ
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Wow it's been awhile since I wrote this. I wanted to update on the pouch and also thank everyone for their answers. The hip pouch is nice for holding things but it can get hectic inside. I recently bought a leather belt pouch off Etsy as I'm adding a chop cup routine. The open pouch exposes the loads to much for my liking. I'll link the pouch

https://www.etsy.com/listing/482825760/i......ef=hp_rv
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
The hip pouch shouldn't expose loads since it's somewhat deep.
also, if you're doing a chop cup routine with it (or other pouch) I'd recommend putting the pouch past your hip, toward your back where it's not
really seen at all.

I have a prototype of a smaller "chop cup pouch" that collapses flat against the body when empty but opens up nicely for lemons, etc.
It uses belt clips. I started with one clip but didn't like it that way so I need to take it back to have it retrofitted to use 2 clips.
The 'chop cup pouch' is far less deep however. only about 5 inches max.

I like the design to one you linked to. Most pouches not made for magicians usually have some odd feature that makes it "not work". Even the flap on the one you linked to... what do you do with that when performing? It can hide a prop but takes up space and would be "in my way" for most applications.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
RowB
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of RowB
I wear a really cool designed blazer/jacket, that just so happens to have many well placed pockets. Plus my pants have an extra few if needed.
Avocat
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Avocat
RowB, you mean this?

https://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/SeV-Sportcoat.shtml

I just posted on another thread ... this blazer has the equivalent of two functional Topics
dennye
View Profile
New user
Toledo Ohio
41 Posts

Profile of dennye
Suit Jacket works wonders. You would be amazed on how much stuff you can carry in the pockets. I carry my chop cup and thumb tip in my right coat pocket. I carry a deck of cards in my inside coat pocket. Balloons and Balloon pump in my other inside coat pocket. I carry three coins (one in my shirt pocket, one in my left and right pant pockets) for my coin routine. Sponge Bunnies in right pant pocket. Business cards in upper outside coat pocket.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Suit coat pockets are usually sewn shut for a reason. They are not made to carry large amounts of stuff. They tend to look bad when you do.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » How do you carry it (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL