The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ungimmicked Linking Rope Routine (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
Steven's (Williams) Ungimmicked Linking Rope Routine

Premise- Wonderful
Instruction: Terrible and Confusing
Graphics: Terrible and Confusing
Advice-Save your money!
Tedd (Leondo)
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If you can find Wayne Raeke's Anytime, Anywhere, Linking Rope Routine, it has the real work in it.

It has the advantage of being easy to do, easy to read, and well-illustrated.

It has the disadvantage of being out of print.

But there are a few copies still out there.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Bill;
Wayne Raeke's Anytime Anywhere linking Ropes is still in print. In fact we have been producing this for probably about 18 years now.
We had a commission arrangement with Wayne for about 4 years then bought it outright from him at the T.A.O.M. convention when it was down in Tyler Texas. Both General Grant and myself lectured and performed at that convention and wayne was at our stand quite a bit demonstrating the ropes for us.
Wayne had some very clever ideas and magic, worked with a lot of magic youth groups, he is missed. Wayne originally came from Baltimore, same city I am from, and he was very active in magic at the old Yogi magic club and shop there when I was growing up.
It is sad that we lose so many talents so young.
Anyway did not mean to ramble on, just wanted to let you know that it is still in print & comes with a set of regular ropes as well ready to practice and work.
All the Best
Marty
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
Where can I get a copy of Wayne Raeke's Anytime, Anywhere, Linking Rope Routine?

Thanks

Walking Bob
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
I have the Stevens ungimmicked linking ropes, and I agree with "leondo" that the instructions are difficult to work through. I guess I am stubborn, but I did work my way through them, and I now have an effect that I carry with me all the time. It is one of my favorite effects, and it is an audience fooler. It looks like real magic! I love magic that is gimmick free, has examinable props, is based on slight-of-hand & misdirection, and is easy to do. This effect has all of these features. It is worth the initial frustration of understanding the concept. This effect is now in my kid's shows, adult shows, walk around, close up, stage, and street magic kits.

By the way, the Stevens Emporium customer service is about as good as it gets.
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Walking Rob; You can go to our website at: http://www.martinismagic.com or you can call us at 717-456-6604 or e-mail to martinismagic@hotmail.com, whichever is the easiest for you.
All the Best
Marty
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
Besides,
Wayne Raeke's Anytime, Anywhere Linking Ropes

Do you have any idea of these following linking ropes effect:
1) Dick Williams' Ungimmicked Miracle Linking Ropes
2) Merlin More Rope for You
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Instructions are confusing! I am not impressed with this one! I havent gotten good reactions!
cutnstuf
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of cutnstuf
I just got a copy of Raeke's Any Time, Anywhere...
The routine is very well thought out and the final link is really good.

ArtS
"...when the rain comes they run and hide their heads..."
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I'm glad you like Wayne's routine. That was one of the first books I edited. Wayne had worked out a great routine. You should have seen his notes. He had drawings and photographs from everything from encyclopedias to nautical books! He did very thorough research.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Aldo Colombini has 2 very good linking rope effects on Lasting Impressions Vol. 4. They use ungimmicked rope rings or loops.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Is there a dvd explanation for the ungimmicked linking ropes, which is the best ungimmicked, would it fool adults at a table . thank you. message me please,
Yekrats
View Profile
Loyal user
Dayton, Indiana
209 Posts

Profile of Yekrats
There's no DVD explanation that I know of. I learned it from Devin Knight's $8 downloadable PDF at Lybrary.com. Worth it! https://www.lybrary.com/ungimmicked-link......id=19742
--
Corporate or event magic & mentalism: http://WizardoftheWabash.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ungimmicked Linking Rope Routine (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL