The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Digita Media in Magic (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I think heis obviously talented and everything he did was certainly clean. I would necessarily say it was either weak or nonexistent. I just think if you look at the relative contributions of the magic versus the animation, the animation would win at about 65% or so. That's not a bad thing at all, it's just the way the structured. As far as assigned Creative input, I'm not really sure who created this act. Was it the magician? Was it the video content creator? The magician was obviously doing only small pieces of magic that the video content could buy or work with so it would seem that the video was driving the magic but it could've been vice versa. As I expected, he might be holding back something for the later rounds is people frequently do. Hopefully he will amaze us all in future episodes!
Ray Pierce
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2016, Ray Pierce wrote:
I think heis obviously talented and everything he did was certainly clean. I wouldn't necessarily say it was either weak or nonexistent. I just think if you look at the relative contributions of the magic versus the animation, the animation would win at about 65% or so. That's not a bad thing at all, it's just the way the structured. As far as assigned Creative input, I'm not really sure who created this act. Was it the magician? Was it the video content creator? The magician was obviously doing only small pieces of magic that the video content could buy or work with so it would seem that the video was driving the magic but it could've been vice versa. As I expected, he might be holding back something for the later rounds is people frequently do. Hopefully he will amaze us all in future episodes!
Ray Pierce
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
This was an absolutely beautiful performance but I agree the magic seemed lost. There were a couple mistakes but man that misdirection. I think there will be less wonder in this form of presentation as the audience will give a lot of credit to the digital media. However that doesn't take away from its entertainment value
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
I would have loved to see him do some killer magic and at the very end transform into a dove and fly off, then he could have saved this act for the finals.
AndreOng1
View Profile
Regular user
SIngapore
110 Posts

Profile of AndreOng1
I enjoyed this act is fresh ,is different.
Merging the classic and the cutting edge and presented an interesting story which really set him apart from other acts.
ThSecret
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of ThSecret
It is a beautiful performance. I feel the digital media aspect adds another dimension to his performance, especially on a larger stage. As Bill mentioned the audience seems to be louder as the visuals appear, compared to when the actually does each move. So in that sense, I suppose it adds a nice twist where he is competing against other non-magic acts.

I've seen Hara do a similar routine without the digital media aspect, on stage, in front of a more formal looking audience and it was just as wonderful. If anyone is interested in that performance you can see it here;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-oyZPKKlpY

He is a great performer.
"A play does not take place on stage but in the minds of the spectators."
Sahin K
View Profile
New user
Toronto
3 Posts

Profile of Sahin K
Digital combining with performance art is getting very popular nowadays.
Check out this guy in Mongolia got talent:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko8Y_Lr4S8Y
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
I like this performer's act. It showcases the magic perfectly, while combining digital artistry.

https://youtu.be/vwWoMPv66cg?t=35m9s

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
ThSecret
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of ThSecret
I just saw this performance by Jamie Allan on the next great magicians show. An amazingly performed levitation with digital media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5kQae1ky_A
"A play does not take place on stage but in the minds of the spectators."
MagicVeronika
View Profile
New user
Amsterdam
18 Posts

Profile of MagicVeronika
Wow seems like digital media with magic is starting to become mainstream. A lot of big magic shows incorporate this element now.
qwerty71
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of qwerty71
But I think sometimes people not think as it as a magic but technology entertainment when you have a digital media behind.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Digita Media in Magic (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL