The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Deans Box Sale (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Wow HP has this for $275.00!!!!!!! I have never seen this at this low of a price. I already have one but man this is a great deal.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
This is one of my favorite prop I carry to parlor shows . Absolutely beautiful to perform . I was often bring asked questions after the show mostly about this . I love this , no matter what the price is it's worth the every cent .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
This is one of those simple effects that really seems to intrigue an audience and I'm not really sure why.
Could be that it starts off seeming like a puzzle, or maybe the common props it uses, or some combination of things.
But it does seem to be more intrinsically fascinating to people than it probably should be. But that is a good thing.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Videoman I have to say this effect got me one of the funniest statements ever. A young man about 19 said to me after showing this to him a second time "You do know that that is impossible to do don't you?". My reply was "Yes and that's exactly why I don't do it."

This and Cardiographic/Birthday Card Rise are my two most popular effects with people. Whenever I have a chance I like to mingle with my spectators after a performance and sooner or later people will tell me what they liked the most about my show. These two effects are almost always named. I was very fortunate to get my Deans Box from Dean Dill himself and he taught me using the box I have so needless to say it will be something I will always hold onto.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I also see HP has sold out of them at this price. To those who got them congrats. If you have any questions about them when you get it please feel free to PM and I'll try to answer your questions.

Good magic to all,

Eric
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Will there be more available?
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2016, jaizon wrote:
Will there be more available?

there are more available right now, at full retail.
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
I see HP has Dean's Box 2.0 for $395. Was 1.0 on sale? what is the difference between the original Dean's Box and 2.0?
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
It was a one day sale for 6 units. Once they all sold, the price was back to normal. Hocus Pocus has these kinds of deals every day. Sign up for their email list if you are interested.
Viking Erik
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Viking Erik
Dean's Box is on my list of effects I want to learn to perform for our Boy Scout Troop.
As a Boy Scout we do a lot of work w/knots & I want to learn that effect very, very well & blow their minds!
Any wisdom on learning it? Thx!
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Quote:
Any wisdom on learning it? Thx!

Sure ... look up "Sefalalgia" by Stewart James
Viking Erik
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Viking Erik
Thanks for the referral. "Sefalalgia" takes it up a few notches...very interesting.
I really liked the simplicity of Dean's box. I watched him demo it many times @ the Magic Castle.
His passing was a very great loss to us all.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I may have missed something but the workings of Deans Box are different from what I read in Sefalalgia. However I did enjoy reading that information.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2016, The great Gumbini wrote:
I may have missed something but the workings of Deans Box are different from what I read in Sefalalgia. However I did enjoy reading that information.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Deans Box is based heavily on some of the many phases and variations of Sefalalgia.

Nobody in this thread said they worked "the same" (although some phases are identical).

Along with there being more than one version of Stewart James Seflalgia, there are also many more "ghost box" type effects - to all of which Dean's Box is very intimately related.
401bound
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of 401bound
I have a Dean's box which has been sitting in my closet for years. I was planning on posting it on a very popular American multinational e-commerce website It has a beautiful matching, brass tipped wand which I purchased with the box directly from Mr. Dill some years ago. I'm just not sure what to ask for it at this point as Mr. Dill is no longer with us. I was wondering if anyone has come across one that has sold recently at auction. I see a lot of Chinese knock offs
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
He may be gone, but his box is still sold by one of the major magic shops.
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
771 Posts

Profile of jcroop
There's an auction for one currently on the big auction site that will be done in six days. You might get an idea there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Deans Box Sale (9 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL