The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Cigarette Through State Quarter (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Does anyone know who makes a Pressly Guitar flap style State quarter, and how is the quality? I have the old quarter like this made by Johnson, but it seems that now there are more state quarters than the old style ones.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Yeah, I keep wondering when Johnson is going to make the switch.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Michael try Pm-ing Jason Wethington. He has a great idea for getting around the state quarters that adds an extra effect before the Cig-thru-quarter. I think at one time he might have posted the idea here on the Café but I know its on his DVD "Tied".
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
It's time for a change anyway. The trick needs to be updated all around.
No one smokes any more, or they try to keep it secret if they do, so I'd like to see the hole made to fit a standard pen or Sharpie or something like that.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
880 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
I believe that tango sells the flap one that let's you show both sides before and after the effect.
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I though Johnson Products makes their cig-thu-quarter just like Pressley Guitar's.

Johnson has made their gimmicked coins out of special requested coins for other magicians I have known. They don't promote it, but they will if it is possible for them.

All you need to get is 52 quarters made for each state and make an index for the inside of you jacket.

An additional problem is I just got in change 2 brand new quarters for the state of West Virginia. Being they are staggering the production, these coins will not match worn coins that have been out or a while.

To bad, a great trick spoiled by the Government.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
All you need to get is 52 quarters made for each state and make an index for the inside of you jacket.

If you can employ the coin showing the head's side as the penetration is made, only one is needed as that's the same on all of the state quarters, and there's not even a date as that's on the back.

Quote:
An additional problem is I just got in change 2 brand new quarters for the state of West Virginia. Being they are staggering the production, these coins will not match worn coins that have been out or a while.

That's an issue with any type of coin with many years of production. So maybe two are needed -- one crisp, and one worn?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I wouldn’t think that quarters made in the last 20 - 25 years would get very old-looking. Maybe a bit dirty but you can shine them up easily. There aren't - and won't be - any "soft" quarters in the clad type.

Jim
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2016, inigmntoya wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:

If you can employ the coin showing the head's side as the penetration is made, only one is needed as that's the same on all of the state quarters, and there's not even a date as that's on the back.

Quote:

That's an issue with any type of coin with many years of production. So maybe two are needed -- one crisp, and one worn?

I rarely used a borrowed coin anyway, although I haven't done this particular effect for ages.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Cigarette Through State Quarter (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL