The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Strait jacket in a carry on.... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Anyone every bring a strait jacket in their carry on when travelling by air? I am wondering if security will confiscate it...
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Poor grammar..............
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
No but I hear Golden Hot Pants made it OK. Sorry OLD joke ......Wish I had been there to see it (well I don't ....but would have like to have been there).
Emilio5639
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
55 Posts

Profile of Emilio5639
I don't see why it would be a problem, seing that it doesn't break any of the TSA regulations.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
You can't count on 1) that they know the rules, and 2) that they'll follow them.

I haven't taken a SJ on carry-on, but I have had experience with them making up rules as they go.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
You guys remind me of the little kid that received a spanking from his father for spitting in the goldfish bowl. The kid went crying to his mother and she asked him, "Well, did you spit in the goldfish bowl?" The kid said, "No, but I was getting awful close."

So why would you even want to get close to having to miss your flight because of a misunderstanding about carrying something in your carry-on luggage that could possibly be used against the pilot, a flight attendant, or another passenger? Do you also carry ropes, chains, duct tape and handcuffs in your carry on bags? Ask for trouble, and you'll find it waiting.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I haven't taken cuffs in carry-on. I have taken ropes and chains. Once, I took 35 pounds of broken glass. They had no questions.

But when I took a swallowing sword (with no edge or pointed tip), they made me check it. They said it was a weapon.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
It might be different in the US, but I couldn't have my straitjacket in my carry on when flying internally within the UK last month (July 2016).

I also had thumb cuffs confiscated when flying to another EU country recently. I used to use them as a key ring.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
DavisG
View Profile
New user
Virginia
34 Posts

Profile of DavisG
I flew into Dubai in 2004 and had several pair of handcuffs in my checked baggage. I was not allowed to take them from the airport. They were held there until I left several days later.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Different countries different rules..... But ANYTHING that could be used as a weapon will now need to be put in your hold luggage - these days you will likely lose them to the Perspex box behind check in (UK - not sure if they do this elsewhere). But this now includes liquids over a certain volume (just in case it may be a liquid explosive etc).... oh and they also take wooden swords and water pistols (that wold not pass as a real gun in a month of Sundays) off little kids!

Not long after the liquid bomb plot in 2006 they would not allow any liquid on your carry on .... In fact, my friend who is a pilot for Flybe (UK and European flights only) had his tuna sandwich confiscated by a security guard who was well up himself. When challenged the security guard's reply was "well tuna comes in a liquid doesn't it!". My friend also had his nail scissors taken as they could have been used against a member of staff or to bring the aircraft down..... James did point out that a) he was the pilot (and had access to the cockpit) and b) there was a cuffing dirty great big fire axe just behind where he sits. Smile Oh well!
james_unlimited
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
223 Posts

Profile of james_unlimited
I find it quite amusing that in the US the TSA can be likened to the third Riech and in the UK, they get excited over little bottles of liquids....

Yet when flying out of the Middle East there is barely any security checks boarding International flights (well in the various "hotspots" there isn't anyway) I've moved around with various knives /tools and "equipment" in my carry on and pockets with no problems.

But I also work on the mantra "Make the decision for them don't give them the chance." (this transfers to lots of things) so put it in your carry on.

Most places 3rd (developing) & 4th (undeveloping Smile ) world countries will x-ray your bags on arrival, misdirection can be used effectively in these situations.. like the time I brought 20kg of Protein powder into Saudi, When I looked at the x-ray screen to see what the fuss was about it looked dodgy.... and I knew what was in the bag!!!

A few handshakes and big smiles later and telling the guy that it wasn't my bag in the x-ray, but the guys behind me..... he let me through no problems.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Strait jacket in a carry on.... (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL