The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Abbott's Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LoneMarauder
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of LoneMarauder
I am hoping this is the correct subforum. I recently made a purchase from Abbot. I was just wondering if anyone one knows the average turn around time for placing an order? I know the shipping time is 4-7 days when it is shipped. Does anyone know the average time it takes them to actually ship out orders? Let me know if this was posted in the wrong section. Thanks
LoneMarauder
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of LoneMarauder
Patience is a virtue! I placed the order on the 28th and it was waiting at my doorstep today. That is 2 business days! I never did receive a shipping email with the tracking, but the service was fast. Just going to leave this here for anyone who has the same questions. It appears they ship out the same day, if not the next day
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Dear Lone...

If you order something from AMAZON, you will probably get deluged with emails, tracking #s, etc.!

Most of the on line "peddlers of props" are geared to the computer era.

Of the few remaining brick and mortar peddlers, many, if not most, are "one man" operations. "He" is busy manufacturing, demonstrating to a customer, packing mail ordered props, going to the post office, giving advice to a young kid, or a grandfather, on a purchase, ETC!!!

I KNOW the "situation" at Abbott's (I usta park my motor home in Jerry Conklin's back yard for the summer.) When I would drop in for coffee at "the plant", Greg would often ask me to "mind the shop", while he went to the post office, or something!

I've worked "behind the counter" at Magic Inc. Abbott's, and, the, now defunct EdMar Shop in Norfolk, VA. I'm very familiar with how they operate(d).

With all the on line competition, the brick and mortars generally do a great job in serving their customers. I'm glad that you got quick service from Abbott's. Hey! Greg sells a lot of my books and dvds!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Abbott's Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL