The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Cigarette thru coin (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rynku
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of rynku
Hi, does anyone know a great coin manufacturer?
I really want to work on cigarette thru coin, but I want to do this trick with my currency.
I contacted johnson and school craft. But both of them denies my order because of legal reasons.

If I have to make it in my country. Does anyone know the type of machine that is used to make this coin?
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
Please check your PM box
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Tango will do special orders, contact them. In my new Penguin Live lecture, I perform a routi e called Three Quarters, where three quarters are borrowed, and somethi g is done with each of them. For the last coin, a borrowed and signed bill is pushed through the coin. You might like that better than using a cigarette. The lecture is available for download on August 28th, at Penguin magic. That routine uses a lresly guitar flap style coin. However, there are nice routine with just a coin with the right size hole cut into the center, easier to make. Last, I have seen flipper coins made that allow you to see both sides of the coin.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
If I were you, I would get out a drill and make a Bellinger style coin, to start with. If you have some decent sleights,
the clean display of both sides is definitely worth something.
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
It's strange that nobody answers your question straight away.
If you want to make coin gaffs yourself, you need a professional (precision) lathe and much experience with this type of machinery.
That's the only way to become good results.
rynku
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of rynku
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2016, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
Tango will do special orders, contact them. In my new Penguin Live lecture, I perform a routi e called Three Quarters, where three quarters are borrowed, and somethi g is done with each of them. For the last coin, a borrowed and signed bill is pushed through the coin. You might like that better than using a cigarette. The lecture is available for download on August 28th, at Penguin magic. That routine uses a lresly guitar flap style coin. However, there are nice routine with just a coin with the right size hole cut into the center, easier to make. Last, I have seen flipper coins made that allow you to see both sides of the coin.

I will definitely check it out. the flipper coin that is made into a cig thru coin gimmick doesn't really do me any good. I think the angle is not so good. :-/
I do how ever like the one sided gimmick.
rynku
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of rynku
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2016, john wills wrote:
It's strange that nobody answers your question straight away.
If you want to make coin gaffs yourself, you need a professional (precision) lathe and much experience with this type of machinery.
That's the only way to become good results.

Do you happens to know the type of machine. Is it laser cutting?
rynku
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of rynku
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2016, countrymaven wrote:
If I were you, I would get out a drill and make a Bellinger style coin, to start with. If you have some decent sleights,
the clean display of both sides is definitely worth something.

Belanger is actually will be my last pick. I love the moment the cig goes thru the coin. But yes .. If I have to. Belanger will do just fine.
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
A classic lathe will do the job. But it will need an experienced mechanician. After all it's precision work and he needs much knowledge on the matter. Manny times coins are not easy to work, because of the mixed materials.
rynku
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of rynku
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2016, john wills wrote:
A classic lathe will do the job. But it will need an experienced mechanician. After all it's precision work and he needs much knowledge on the matter. Manny times coins are not easy to work, because of the mixed materials.

I have contacted tango. We will see how it goes.
DallasFrank
View Profile
Regular user
Hey Rocky watch me pull a Rabbit outta my hat...oops wrong hat!
104 Posts

Profile of DallasFrank
A 20,000 lb punch is used to make the hole.The lathes are now computer Controlled for precision.The work would be simple for an experienced machinist.Finding a reverse spring would be the problem.I would take a Johnson coin to the best machinist I could find and see if he would be willing to do it your cost range.I would also have him make me more than one.
PS If you can't find the springs you could get the machinist to salvage one from a Johnson coin or ask Johnson if they would be willing to sell you some of their springs or tell you their supplier.Maybe they would help you since they probably won't see you as competition since they refused the job.BTW was a Union Ironworker 20 years.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
If you don't mind my asking, what country/currency?
I'm puzzled about their legal reasons, since I thought most countries let you use coins/modify for artistic things.
rynku
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of rynku
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2016, tonsofquestions wrote:
If you don't mind my asking, what country/currency?
I'm puzzled about their legal reasons, since I thought most countries let you use coins/modify for artistic things.

I am from indonesia.
jbonilla
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of jbonilla
Anybody has any clue about how david blaine did the cigarette through bill and restore in Real or Magic?

Thx!!
rynku
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of rynku
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2016, jbonilla wrote:
Anybody has any clue about how david blaine did the cigarette through bill and restore in Real or Magic?

Thx!!

Are you sure you are asking this in the right section?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Cigarette thru coin (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL