The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Trying to pick a die box--ugh (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Anyone looking for a die box might strongly consider one that can show the die on either side and look into the Roy Benson routine, which starts with two dice. One goes into the hat and eventually the other joins it there.
Marc
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
626 Posts

Profile of JordanB
I am a big fan of the die box. Jay Marshall had a great routine that was printed in M-U-M a long time ago as mentioned earlier. I believe that it was reprinted in the last ten years (I believe- March 2008 M-U-M). That issue, if I'm correct on the date, is worth tracking down as they reprinted several "classic" die box routines for the issue.

Joe Berg at one time sold a die box that is probably my favorite, but they seem to be impossible to find even on the secondhand market. I'm not sure who manufactured or crafted the Berg die box. Additionally, I also like the Milson Worth die boxes - but they can vary widely in price and condition. I agree with most that the Babcock die boxes are absolutely wonderful and well worth the cost.

Dick....always enjoy your posts.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
Big fan of Joe Berg, when Wife and I were living in the SanFernando Valley(Van Nuys) L.A. Have a routine of "Alice in Wonderland " using the Die Box and one Easter routine - if interested -- Ralph(russo)Rousseau
longdeademperor
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of longdeademperor
Tommy James just released a new Utility Block Box product on Monday on his website via his newsletter.

http://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store/ind......t_id=114

It looks like the perfect addition to a die box, ABC blocks or wandering/traveling block routine as, instead of a top hat, you can show the box empty at any point throughout your routine until the final reveal of the die or block.

I have ordered mine and I am eagerly awaiting its arrival in the mail!

Tommy's release was perfect timing for me as I also just ordered a Rainbow Die from Mel Babcock. Tommy and Mel are such great guys to do business with.
longdeademperor
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of longdeademperor
The Utility Block Box arrived in the mail today from Tommy James and it is great! I am looking forward to adding it to my die box routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Trying to pick a die box--ugh (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL