The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Dr. R, a possible 2nd use for your wonderful ROPS ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
Firstly, a big THANK YOU Doc Rubentein. A couple of months ago you graciously took the time to answer my ROPS questions. Truely a gentleman amongst veterinarians.

While practicing this morning, an honest to goodness idea hit me...scary, but true! Replace the single coin with a coin + [. Take a mmoment to realize the potential here... ! Just one leetle problem: after trying this all day, it may be impossible Smile Do not wish to detais things here, besides, you'll uncover the issue on your first attempt.

If anyone can do this, it's you Doc. Fwiw I am not giving up...yet.
Please PM me with anything sensitive - we can find a way to write this up to post later.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
If it is a separation issue, you might benefit from a Lassen [ as they have vacuum fit and don’t separate as easily as most.

Jim
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Actually, not impossible at all. As you close your hand the coin pops up and is maneuvered out of the hand by the second finger. The coin won't separate. Taking the ] off the coin and stealing that is another story. Taking a ] that is overlapping a coin out of the hand is also not an issue.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2016, J-Mac wrote:
If it is a separation issue, you might benefit from a Lassen [ as they have vacuum fit and don’t separate as easily as most.
Jim

Yes Jim, it IS a separation issue. My ['s are from Johnson's HH set, plus I have one made by Roy K for my silver dollar set. Excellent fit, which in this case is sort of self-defeating! As I want to remove just the [, a much loosesr fit may be what is needed to pull this off. Which reminds me, I have a cheap set of chinese+[.... have to see if these would work.
CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2016, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
Actually, not impossible at all. As you close your hand the coin pops up and is maneuvered out of the hand by the second finger. The coin won't separate. Taking the ] off the coin and stealing that is another story. Taking a ] that is overlapping a coin out of the hand is also not an issue.

Clearly Smile my question was vague at best! You hit the nail on the head when you wrote "Taking the ] off the coin and stealing that is another story.". That is what I am going for. Can't figure out how to de-[, then steal (only the [ ).

So, from a spec's pov: a half is placed into empty hand. As hand closes, magician taps the silver coin. Pause. The hand is opened, revealing an English penny!

Oh, Jim, I gave this a shot using the afore-mentioned cheap coin + cheap [, but still cannot pick up just the [.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
If possible, try a "Shell-Shocked" deep shell from Mark Mason. They are not tight at all and they have full coverage on the edge. So when grabbing the shell by the edges you will get all shell and none of the nested coin. No chance of catching the edge of the insert by accident.

Jim
Griff
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
285 Posts

Profile of Griff
Just a thought, haven't tried it. Maybe a little something just on the tip of the middle finger of the taking hand...like Octopalm? You might have to find a different position in the palm so that the coin is not levered up much. Probably won't work but a thought.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Actually, I would use another technique for this. One that comes to mind is my pistol grip technology, taught well in the Penguin Live 2 lecture. You show the half dollar, and as it is rolled into the other hand the penny goes secretly into the hand while the [ is retained.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
Ok, thanks Doc. I'll have a look at Live 2. Sounds like that will do the trick, so to speak.

Good idea Jim. Griff, I have an aversion to using anything 'sticky'.. for a variety of reasons. Having said that, your solution has at least one thing going for it: it works!! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Dr. R, a possible 2nd use for your wonderful ROPS ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL