The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Cover for Al Baker Rice Bowls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pete W.
View Profile
New user
Coffeyville, KS
80 Posts

Profile of Pete W.
Anyone out there know of a supplier of the rubber dam to fit Al Baker Rice Bowls. It is really a specialty item that is fitted and can't be replaced by modifying a latex balloon.

Anyone else use the Al Baker Bowls?....what do YOU do for replacement dams?...they do eventually wear out...
"Amatuers perform different tricks for the same people. Professionals perform the same tricks for different people."...Al Goshman
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, a while back a member had some made. Do a search on the Café.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Silicone swim cap works for me, but I use my own stoneware bowls.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017J5V2PA/
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Jimgerrish:

That sounds like a really good idea!

I guess you're in better shape for longer-term use that way with replacement covers.......less to worry about....the effect is still the same.....and you don't have to worry about lining up the caps with those darned blue circular lines....it's probably cheaper, too.

It pays to think, doesn't it?
Pete W.
View Profile
New user
Coffeyville, KS
80 Posts

Profile of Pete W.
Thanks. I'll try to adapt the swim cap. Sounds like a good idea.
"Amatuers perform different tricks for the same people. Professionals perform the same tricks for different people."...Al Goshman
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I had a couple of sets of Al Baker bowls. The gaff was not with the sets. So I call Tannen's Magic. I got a call about a month later
from Tannne't Magic and the covers were in. I told him to give me a dozen of them, that was until they told me each latex covers was 75.00 Per Cover!
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have found the original post I mentioned and posting a copy here, just in case the original poster did not find it.

Quote:
On May 3, 2015, Anverdi-museum wrote:
Update: I am pleased to announce that I was fortunate to acquire a limited amount of new hand crafted Al Baker rubber covers, there are a few more to come in the near future. I am also bringing back an updated and larger version of these bowls and covers, more on this later. After looking far and wide I finally found someone to make these covers at a good price, no one wanted to touch this project. I have been using the B. Bowls in shows to fantastic reactions, this method is far superior to the 'disc' version we all grew up with. I suggest performing the routine with these bowls with a pot holder or cloth used to steal the cover via the Charlie Miller routine for the production of the water at the conclusion of effect.

The manufacturer of the above Baker covers went through a tedious time crafting the covers, many hours of drying time. They are an off white durable latex, see links below. These were copied exact from the original cover I have and fit like a glove. If you would be interested in one of these please pm me, the price is $40.00 ppd in the USA.

http://s295.photobucket.com/user/caputo1......html?o=0

http://s295.photobucket.com/user/caputo1......rt=1&o=1

Thanks,

Chuck Caputo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Cover for Al Baker Rice Bowls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL