The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cube Cards by Kev G (54 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I just started a topic which will help you.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Here is little idea from me of an "Open Prediction" routine with Cube Cards.
No gimmicks, only regular cube cards are used.

Maybe someone likes this routine!

Effect:

A solved Cube Card is shown and placed on the table.
This is the "Open Prediction" card.

The remaining cards are mixed by the spectator and placed face down on the table.
The spectator places the cards one by one on the table face down.
He stops when he wants and this card where he has stopped is placed face down next to the open prediction card.

The spectator's card is turned face-up and he sees that he stopped at the "solved cube card".
The rest of the cards are shown, they are just "mixed cube cards".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NFlCowho78

P.S.
Now you take the cube in your hand and show routines with the cube cards and the cube.

Darko
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
How many cards are in a set?

And how many do you get if you buy the extra set?

THANKS!

John
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
I just saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NFlCowho78

So I guess the answer is only 22 cards with mixed cubes and it looks like they all have the same mixed cube but only in a different position on every card. I'm a little disappointed and was hoping for more cards and more mixed variations (that would be just as easy to do I guess...)

John

kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, Dr. Eamon wrote:
How many cards are in a set?

And how many do you get if you buy the extra set?

THANKS!

John

Hey John, theres 55 cards in a set. When performing you effectively have half a deck (this isn't a normal deck of cards nor are they in a card box) so more than plausible. In addition I've released 2 expansion decks 'Cube Cards Remixed' and 'Cube Cards 1221' so you can perform with effectively a full deck if you wish. My personal preference now is to perform with 50 or so cards which include a mixture from all 3 available editions. You also receive creative bonus cards in each set. There are many members on the Facebook group who have shared their own ideas with these. Hope that helps.
----------
www.rubikscubemagician.co.uk
----------
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Hi Kev, yes, I realize that now. I wish you also had a mental variation without all the magic but just 40 or 50 photo (-cards) with differently mixed cubes so the performer makes a mental note of the freely chosen mixed cube and just duplicates it... or if he wants to show off a little in one hand, blindfolded or behind his back. For me that would be ten times better, changing all the cards to solved cubes makes it a 'magic trick' instead of demonstrating an unbelievable skill...

John

kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, Dr. Eamon wrote:
Hi Kev, yes, I realize that now. I wish you also had a mental variation without all the magic but just 40 or 50 photo (-cards) with differently mixed cubes so the performer makes a mental note of the freely chosen mixed cube and just duplicates it... or if he wants to show off a little in one hand, blindfolded or behind his back. For me that would be ten times better, changing all the cards to solved cubes makes it a 'magic trick' instead of demonstrating an unbelievable skill...

John

Hey John have you watched the trailer? I only ask as the video you linked above is not my routine and you've pretty much described the taught routine on the tutorial,which is modular so you can pick and choose which elements you wish to perform. The first phase is essentially a mentalism effect or super human memory x skill. It's up to the performer on how they decide to present it or where you take it from there. If you didn't want to change all the cards at the end you don't need to, but from performing this hundreds and hundreds of times changing all the cards at the end slays the audience as they think the effect is over and its that element of surprise which is key for me.

If you just do mentalism you could have them select any card, match your cube too it and then go straight into something like Michael Murry's The Solution, which I know some people do.

Cheers
Kev
----------
----------
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
If you missed this from the previous page, Virtual Magie caught up with me at the Session convention last year and asked for a demo https://youtu.be/t3vd5dUyrmI
----------
----------
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Yes, I saw the original demo! It's great magic but as you already guessed I prefer to perform pure mental (I do love magic btw!) and present things like this as an amazing memory/cube skill. Naturally, that's just a matter of taste.

Your idea is really great, I would just love more cards with more really differently mixed cubes so I can make a big point of that they are all different and then demonstrate how I can copy any of the many different cubes... and to accomplish this you could use the quick solve, three or four times in a row (or even more) to get more variations of mixed cubes.

BTW I love Michael Murray's The Solution, in the right settings it kills!

Cheers!
John

kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
Cube cards, remixed and 1221 are all different mixes....so this is possible.... In fact this is what I do when I perform the first phase. The video above is using Cube cards and remixed as the 1221 set was released this year at Blackpool.
----------
----------
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
What is the difference between the original, the remixed and the 1221?

And how many 'MIXED-CUBE cards' are in each pack?

- The original Cube Cards $34,95

- The Cube Cards Remixed $34,95

- 1221 Mix of Cube Cards $34,95

Thanks!

John Smile

kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2019, Dr. Eamon wrote:
What is the difference between the original, the remixed and the 1221?

And how many 'MIXED-CUBE cards' are in each pack?

- The original Cube Cards $34,95

- The Cube Cards Remixed $34,95

- 1221 Mix of Cube Cards $34,95

Thanks!

John Smile

Hey John, I think I answered these questions in the posts above. The images on the cards are different in each set. Approximately half the deck are mixed.

Thanks
Kev
----------
----------
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
No, you just copied my question. It would be nice if you had answered with A has XX mixed cards, B has XX mixed cards and C has XX. But instead, you like to let me puzzle...

And approximately??? Smile You know exactly how many!! Why do you keep it so vague Smile

But don't worry, I lost all interest... wishing you good luck selling the effect with a few around 21 cards in the basic set and if they just buy three sets for Smile $105,00 Smile (like it's nothing) they have a few more. That would be great if people would just buy 3 sets Smile So funny how you say it like it's the most normal thing to do... $105,00 for some cards when they can just take some pictures for an even better effect...

Sorry that I'm not going to re-read all previous posts because it's too much work for you to name the three numbers and be clear... Thank you, I will happily pass on this one!!!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cube Cards by Kev G (54 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL