The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Vintage Abbott Mutilated Umbrella (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I have a vintage Abbott Mutilated Umbrella that's in perfect condition and about 50 years old. I understand that it's a desirable piece.
I think that it's time to start liquidating the few better pieces I have, and am wondering where the best place would be be to do it.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I'll PM you!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I published an "up to date" routine for the ancient Mutilated Parasol, in my book.

It's my old friend, the late Don Lawton's routine. I had always wanted to do the parasol, but I didn't want to do the ancient "Victorian" presentation. When Don died, I bought a parasol from Abbott's. (Abbott's, IMO, is the most practical mutilated parasol available. It's not cheap! --as of this writing, it sells for $750. With care, it will last indefinitely. It's in one of the shows on the DVD that I sell. I used a drawstring "flat" chng bag instead of the "hokey" purse. The bag fits my presentation better.

The routine runs just 2 minutes. It has FLASH! and a BIG LAUGH at the finish, followed by APPLAUSE!
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Dick:

Just a little minor correction: Abbott's Mutiliated Parasol currently lists for $550 VS. $750.

And, in my opinion....it's worth it IF you use it!
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I still nave mine. It's about as perfect as you can find. I was planning to use it in a kid show that I was putting together, but got hit with some health issues that keeps me from behind the wheel. Right now, it's the most expensive prop that I have.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I use a Abbotts outer and a harries inner after my Abbotts broke (rib tore free) within a week (3 shows) and after calling was told "You're the great Jay Leslie, you fix it. I was sent 6 ribs. No repair, no replacement, just ribs.

I fixed it but let's just see how long it takes till I ever order from them again.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2017, Rainboguy wrote:
Dick:

Just a little minor correction: Abbott's Mutiliated Parasol currently lists for $550 VS. $750.

And, in my opinion....it's worth it IF you use it!

Rick...I phoned Greg to get the current retail price. He told me, $750.

I no longer have any plans to do more than a 30 minute program. (arthritis)! so, I sold my parasol. This getting older is no fun.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hi Jay!

Sure am sorry to hear of THAT response!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Vintage Abbott Mutilated Umbrella (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL