The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Rising pencil/wand in bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Experimentalist
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of Experimentalist
For several years now, Ron Bauer's website has been promising to release script "#20 That's the Spirit!". Since it is still unavailable, I am trying to research the origin of the effect. I am familiar with the basic rising pencil effect from Scholastic magic books I read as a child. I would like to know if anyone has developed the idea past the basic concept however. I understand that the Bauer script is based on a routine originally released in New Tops, but I don't know which issue. If anyone knows which issue it was, or has any other relevant info, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
I have sometimes combined the Rising Wand in Bottle with the effect where a ring rises up and down on the wand--just by turning the wand upside down.

It might also be interesting to try combining the 5-in-1 wand with the Rising Wand in Bottle just by switching wands when going to get the bottle on a shelf in the back of a roll-on table. Just use a second 5-in-1 wand.

A wand could be made like a P&L Vanishing Wand so you could vanish and then reproduce the wand.

Perhaps, too, the gimmick for the Rising Wand could be made removeable--something like attaching the you-know-what with a tiny magnet. That way after the wand rises out of the bottle you could at some point in the show hand the wand to a spectator to use for some other effect like the Magic Coloring Book or to tap the knots on a Cut-and-Restored Rope routine.

You might also explore making a break-away wand rise from the bottle and then going into the Break-Away effect.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
AndreOng1
View Profile
Regular user
SIngapore
110 Posts

Profile of AndreOng1
I still like the rising ketchup pack in water bottle. It's the most amazing thing that anyone can do. I even teach kids in charity events how to do this. It's a great way to inspire.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2016, Experimentalist wrote:
For several years now, Ron Bauer's website has been promising to release script "#20 That's the Spirit!". Since it is still unavailable, I am trying to research the origin of the effect. I am familiar with the basic rising pencil effect from Scholastic magic books I read as a child. I would like to know if anyone has developed the idea past the basic concept however. I understand that the Bauer script is based on a routine originally released in New Tops, but I don't know which issue. If anyone knows which issue it was, or has any other relevant info, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!
i believe Ron published a version of this in Genii many years ago. If you have access to the archives, you should be able to locate it. I will try and find the issue.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Charles Miller--yes, THAT Charlie Miller--had an exceptionally good routine with the rising pencil. You can see him do it on one the Joe Stevens VHS tapes.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
cat26
View Profile
Regular user
Manitoba, Canada
101 Posts

Profile of cat26
You may want to look up "Max Howard Lecture Notes-Magic from the Great Southern Sleight of Hand Show". In it is a great wand in bottle routine. More for stage presentation though... but easy to obtain the parts; a wand made from wood dowling and a bottle such as wine or champagne. I've used it for past 15 years. I note that Denny & Lee Magic Studio sells the notes. Cheers.............
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Rising pencil/wand in bottle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL