The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Appearing Pool Cue question (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I just went to Fantasma and Tannens to pick up a few things. (I like to support my local B&Ms)
I spent a few hours at Tannens watching Magick Balay do his thing. (Tannen's)
Of course I bought a few things that wasn't on my shopping list.
One of them was an Appearing Pool Cue.
Magick showed me a few ways to produce it but I need ideas on routining.
It's such a cool looking apparatus, I had to have it but now I need a way to use it in a magic routine.
Any ideas?
Note: I don't use Billiard Balls.
Thanks,
Ihor
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Go to your local pool hall.

Seriously though, I have an original Silent Mora Appearing Pool Que from 1952, autographed.

This is just like the Flag Staff production made in the 70s, where you pull it from a boys jacket and it just kept getting longer and longer till it was about 12 feet.
The pool que is only about 5 feet and smaller diameter.

Jut ask the kid what he does when he’s out of school, That’s all.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It is all about the patter and story you present. As in I went to local pool hall and arcade store, the employee ask me what I was interested in. I said, "Pool". He asked, "Are you a beginner or just interested in a friendly game". I said, "I have my own special custom Pool Cue"! Pull out the stick from your pocket, paper bag, etc.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2016, jay leslie wrote:
Go to your local pool hall.

Seriously though, I have an original Silent Mora Appearing Pool Que from 1952, autographed.

This is just like the Flag Staff production made in the 70s, where you pull it from a boys jacket and it just kept getting longer and longer till it was about 12 feet.
The pool que is only about 5 feet and smaller diameter.

Jut ask the kid what he does when he’s out of school, That’s all.

Jay,
That's a good idea, pulling it from a boy's jacket.
Thanks,
Ihor
Kanawati
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
...I place the ball, hanky, etc in my hand. To make it disappear I need to distract you all. I have to wait until every single person is looking away at precisely the same moment. I might distract you with a cough. I might point somewhere. And that will be my cue to do the tricky move. So look out for the cue. Did you see the cue? This one....now where did that hanky go?
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I finally used my pool cue on Christmas Eve.
We had about 26 people over for Christmas Eve dinner when we also exchange gifts.
I took out a 1 ft. high gift bag and announced that I got a pool stick for Christmas. I slowly pulled out the stick to its full length.
Great reactions. Of course the wine consumed during dinner helped.
Ihor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Appearing Pool Cue question (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL