The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Argentina/Maine USA (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nat_lawson
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Nat_lawson
Hello Magic Café,
My name is Nat Lawson and I am a young professional mentalist and hypnotist. I recently turned seventeen but have now performed professionally in four countries and two languages. I typically use a more psychological approach to mentalism and love diving deeply into pseudo-explanations for what I am doing. I live in Rockport Maine, but am currently living in Corrientes, Argentina and polishing a few of my shows up in Spanish (actually I am in Uruguay right now, but that isn't important). My website is www.natlawson.com if you want to know more. Right now my original material is not worth sharing but I hope to make my own mark in mentalism in a couple of years.

Yesterday, I figured that I have been reading the Magic Café for long enough and that it was time to get an account and contribute a little bit.

-Nat
SilasJude
View Profile
New user
Buffalo
97 Posts

Profile of SilasJude
Hello and welcome! I just took a look at your website and I am absolutely impressed. Do you mind telling us a bit about how you're made such quick progress at such a young age?
Nat_lawson
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Nat_lawson
Hi SilasJude,

Thanks for the welcome and the complement on the website. I coded it myself so most of the graphics are original, and the design is 100% mine. I was lucky enough to have some amazine photographers for friends when I was in high school and they took a lot of beautiful photos and videos for relatively cheap which helped with my online presence more than anything (I also made them both websites for free).

As for the quick progress, I have been doing this professionally three years and as a hobby for more than half of my life so it's not overnight. I work hard at it, study, think until my head is spinning in 100 directions at once and then I realize I've been up all night and I need to eat something, then I work some more. I think the only way to make any kind of progress is hard work, and hard work is a lot easier when you love what you are working on. I love mentalism, and so I work hard at it, and make progress, simple as that.
RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2017, Nat_lawson wrote:
Hello Magic Café,
My name is Nat Lawson and I am a young professional mentalist and hypnotist. I recently turned seventeen but have now performed professionally in four countries and two languages. I typically use a more psychological approach to mentalism and love diving deeply into pseudo-explanations for what I am doing. I live in Rockport Maine, but am currently living in Corrientes, Argentina and polishing a few of my shows up in Spanish (actually I am in Uruguay right now, but that isn't important). My website is www.natlawson.com if you want to know more. Right now my original material is not worth sharing but I hope to make my own mark in mentalism in a couple of years.

Yesterday, I figured that I have been reading the Magic Café for long enough and that it was time to get an account and contribute a little bit.

-Nat

You have incredible content quality. I would highly encourage you to start creating content for Instagram & Snapchat. Use those audiences to build your platform now. 2 or 3 years from now will be too late because there's going to be too much noise.

Message me anytime. You can get me on FB/Twitter/Insta & Snap at @meetrobertsmith.

-Robert
Nat_lawson
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Nat_lawson
Thank you RobertSmith,

I have seriously thought about Snapchat and Instagram but I honestly cannot think of what kind of content I could put on them, with the time restrictions.

Do you have any advice on what kind of stuff to put up?
RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2017, Nat_lawson wrote:
Thank you RobertSmith,

I have seriously thought about Snapchat and Instagram but I honestly cannot think of what kind of content I could put on them, with the time restrictions.

Do you have any advice on what kind of stuff to put up?

When you're producing short, time constricted videos for Instagram, think David Blaine. Quick cuts. Get to the point. Remember they're watching on the run. Think reaction shots.

Remember to tell your story through this medium. Consider the "Mac vs. PC" commercials. They were 30-60 second spots that told a story quickly and precisely.

-Robert
Nat_lawson
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Nat_lawson
Alright, Thanks for the advice
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Nat_lawson,

I'm envious of your website.

I'm interested in Mentalism but have not "gone for it". Sort of like the old joke about the Ventriloquist who tries to become a Spiritualist. I haven't given up thinking like a Magician.
That must have been a strange transition for you as well.

I look forward to your posts in "Penny for your thoughts".

-Mary Mowder
Nat_lawson
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Nat_lawson
Thank you Mary,

The transition into mentalism took me one show, which for one year, as I make a new show from scratch every year. I think that I have found where I belong with mentalism and hypnosis. It's definitely not for everyone but it can be incredibly powerful and I personally love it. For me the transition was actually pretty smooth, I think because I do better with mentalism than magic, it feels much more natural to me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Argentina/Maine USA (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL