The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Because of David Blaine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
486 Posts

Profile of Roy
This is so cool.
This month they showed the Davud Blain specials in Israel for the first time and people here got to know him for finally.
Because of the specials 3 people who never had anything with magic decided they want to learn magic and got to me throght my web site. now, they are my students.
Did it happen to any of you as well?
Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
That's awesome roei!
Blake S.
frankglavin
View Profile
New user
Ireland
11 Posts

Profile of frankglavin
I was very much impressed by the blaine shows when I first saw them too. He certainly has a divine performance ability. It was a shame about the revealation shows that ruined his tricks!!!
Joseph Martin
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Joseph Martin
I know a lot of people who started learning magic after seeing a Blaine's TV special. Cause that, I think David is doing a good work for the magic community.
Roger Boucher
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Roger Boucher
Quote:
On 2004-04-13 02:15, Joseph Martin wrote:
I know a lot of people who started learning magic after seeing a Blaine's TV special. Cause that, I think David is doing a good work for the magic community.

You know I do have to agree with you but the thing that drives me about him is that small statement at the begining of his show about no camera tricks. and there was camera magic, and when I do magic for someone and they have seen his shows they walk away thinking more of David Blaine than me. Or I have to constantly answer "what do you think of DB? He is so awesome. Do you want to be like him? How does he float like two feet off the ground? Can you do that?" But I guess that is the hazzards of the job. Like if you were a physicist people would ask you if you wanted to be Albert Einstein so Unfortunately people identify with the most famous of a certain profession.

Roger
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
486 Posts

Profile of Roy
You have a good point.(David blain makes lots of $$$ as well)Good for him!
People ask you if you can do what he does because that's what they know. I bet they asked the illusionist if he could fly like Copperfield as well.
so, such questions from a lay person is natural.
Tell them the truth - that you don't do the stuff he does. You have a different (original) style.
I am sure they will appreciate that.
GavinK
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
60 Posts

Profile of GavinK
Congrats...It's always great to find a protege...

I want a Protege!!!!
Magique
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
6 Posts

Profile of Magique
Keep up the work roei!
;)
its great to know that there are many budding magicians nowadays ...
~penetrans ad interiora mortis~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Because of David Blaine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL