The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Flexible Mirror (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Got one in an estate a while back and can't figure out the maker. High quality, hidden hinges and all. Instructions are pretty generic with no name of them. Who knows more about these than I do (EVERYBODY) these days? I can't find a mark, but there does seem to be a stamp of "PMA" inside the hidden hinge area. Instructions are titled "Miracle Mirror", if that helps.

Steve
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I'm thinking it's Owen, but the only Owen price list I have is old. What's a current price of a new one?

Steve
paul180
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of paul180
Here's on for $20 but it looks awful, https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......r-magic/ If you have the all wooden one with real knitting needles, I would think a fair price would be around, $75.
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a foolish man can learn from a wise answer.

Attributing negativity to a topic or post doesn't make the topic or post negative,
it shines a light on the negativity of the person or persons, making the attributions.

BEWARE these Debbie downers and anything they say. They simply lack the self esteem or good will, to be positive or productive. Your belief in self, is more
important and is all that matters, for your success to be glorious.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Mine was verified original Owen. Sold for way more than $75.
JCISBACK
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of JCISBACK
Does this effect really fry lay people?
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I KNOW that if "fries" kids!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
With the proper patter, it sells to adults.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
I always thought Doug Henning's presentation was excellent.
JCISBACK
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of JCISBACK
Is the best version of this effect made by Mikame or is there a better alternative?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Owens Magic prints their instructions on their letterhead paper.

Steve Thomas, can you actually describe the prop you are asking for help with, or post a picture. You did not describe the frame at all. Some are natural wood, and exotic wood. Some are laminated wood. Some are painted black, blue, red. Some have metallic stickers on them.

Tannen's was the only seller of this effect, until Doug Henning presented it on national television. No other magic dealer or manufacturer made or sold any other model up until the television airing.

Unfortunately, I never seen what Tannen's was selling, but if your instructions were just mimeographed sheet, the it is most likely from Tannen's.
goodingda
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of goodingda
The absolute best flexible mirror was made by Wellington Enterprises. That's the one Doug Henning used in his TV special the late 1970's. I have a Wellington and an Owen and there is no comparison. The Wellington will fool those who know the method. There are two things that make the Wellington great. First, the bag has to be stretched to get the mirror to fit inside (it is made of an expandable knit fabric). The bag fits the mirror like the skin on a grape, unlike the Owen where the bag is twice the size of the mirror. Second, when you bend the mirror, it bends right in the center, not off to one side like the Owen.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Flexible Mirror (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL