The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Moving Heads (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic Blinds
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Magic Blinds
Hi,

I own some trussing and have been using regular basic pars to light my show. My New Years resolution is to buy some moving heads and mount them on top of the truss.

Some of my shows in theatres have lighting, at private events I ask for a minimum 20 ft wide stage. What would be some good moving lights, I have been looking at 80 watt led moving lights but I am not sure if they will be enough or if conventional lights are preferred. I just don't want to buy some lights that are not bright enough. So my question is which make and model, with zoom (changes beam angles)can someone suggest or are the LED moving lights good enough?
johnsterlini
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of johnsterlini
What is your budget? That's the 1st question. And do you have a good quality Hazer?
Magic Blinds
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Magic Blinds
Yes on the hazer, I also have a pretty good budget.

I am trying to replicate a 575 moving head but with led. Need focus though so I can change the beam angle.

Though some of my lights are Chinese Specials.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I think the key is what is their use? Are you using them for practical specials or just for beam work? Ultimately you just get the best you can afford.
Ray Pierce
Magic Blinds
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Magic Blinds
Ray,

What do you mean by Practical Specials?
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Many times in theatrical use, Moving heads are used to replace dozens of "specials" which are specific instruments that are focused not as a part of a full stage wash or cross light but are used to light a specific isolated area of the stage. You might have "three color wash" but also a "Blue Down Special" which is usually a blue light shooting straight down onto the stage creating a pool of light. Movers are handy as they can change positions in a black out and replace many conventional instruments individually focused as "specials". You might never see them "move" in a show but they are valuable and time saving tools.
Ray Pierce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Moving Heads (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL