The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bang On 2.0 by Marc Oberon (110 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2019, Piz wrote:
This looks GREAT!!! Still, the wallet is what pushes me away a bit, it's more European style, I'm split here.

My uncle, who has been a Professional Magician in San Diego Cal since the Early 80's (has done MANY shows for very famous people) does a card to Wallet that I could NEVER figure out! I've been performing for over 20 years now, many payed gigs under my belt, I'm a card guy, and the last time he visited some 10 yrs back he performed his card to wallet, I was trying to catch him best I could, and still, I wasn't able too!!! He is more secretive then Fotnox, so he would never teach me.

His CTW...

You pick a card, sign it, you place it anywhere in the deck. He takes the cards back, does a few shuffles, does NOT go anywhere near his pockets, gives the cards back to the spec, ask them to look for their card, and it's gone! He then reaches into his Suit pocket (he never does this without wearing a beautiful black suit, without tie), he pulls out a NORMAL lookin wallet (the kind any man carries in America), opens up a zippered pocket, takes out a tiny yellow sealed envelope, opens it up, and the signed spectators card is FOLDED up in there!

Anyone who knows what this effect maybe, please contact me, as I been searching for YEARS & YEARS!!! He HAS to be doing the Murcury Fold at some point, but I PROMISE I watched this routine multiple times knowing this, either he is just THAT good, or I'm not as good as I thought/think I am at Magician!!!

If I was performing this, I would control and palm it off when doing the “few shuffles”, do the mcf while spec is looking for their card (there’s a great method in Cody Fisher’s card to card box which is very fooling even if you’re being burned) and switch after opening the tiny yellow envelope, a la mystery box.
Not suggesting that’s how your uncle did it, but that’s how I would do what you’ve described from the specs point of view.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bang On 2.0 by Marc Oberon (110 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL