The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Unique Card-To-Wallet In Linking Ring Magazine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brent
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Brent
Hello Everyone,

I remember a while back reading a unique card-to-wallet effect in Linking Ring Magazine. Now that I'm interested in learning the routine, I can't seem to find it. I am hoping someone recognizes which routine I'm referring to. If so, I'd really appreciate whatever help you can provide in locating which issue it appears in. The main thing I seem to remember about the routine is that the left hand pulls open the left side of your jacket...and at the same time holds the chosen card behind the lapel. Then, the right hand goes behind the left side of the jacket and grabs the card and then loads it in the wallet in the inside left coat pocket. I should say that this is just a recollection of something I read roughly a year ago, so I might be off on one or more of the details. Also, even though I read this around a year ago, this routine could have appeared in any Linking Ring in the past 15 or so years.

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

Brent
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
That sounds like Gary Kurtz "Empty hand" technique. The idea is that people see the hand empty before it enters inside the jacket. Its in Kurtz book by Kaufman and in his videos and it has been quite well spread otherwise as well
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
Marlo published a no-palm card to pocket of which there are variants. I think Kurtz palms the card. The no-palm methods have you holding the deck in your right hand (or left hand). If you use a Kelly Bottom Placement type action with the right hand, you can hook the bottom card inside the jacket. The left hand then enters high and, once inside, curls downward to grab the card. It's a great method.

Mike
Brent
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Brent
Korttihai_82: Thank you so much for your reply! I'll look into the Gary Kurtz technique. Many thanks!!!

Mike Powers: What you describe sounds like it's pretty much what I was originally referring to. Any idea where that Marlo idea is published?

Everyone: Still interested in locating the routine in the Linking Ring...

Brent
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
From Appendix A in "Top Secret Stuff": In 1941 Ed Marlo published "Amazing Isn't It." This manuscript is included in "Early Marlo" published by Magic Inc. Detailed in this work is an item called "No Palm Aces to Pocket."

Subsequently, other handlings of a palmless cards to pocket have been worked out. (See Korem's method in "Card Finesse.") Marlo has an entire section on card to pocket ideas in "Marlo's Magazine" Vol. 6. The handling used here is similar to Marlo's original handling. The difference here is that no get-ready is necessary since a single card is used. The method is the
same whether the card is taken from a small packet or the entire deck. This is achieved by using an Ovette/Kelly sort of positioning of the card.
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
710 Posts

Profile of Vogler
The exact move is on "Classic Sampler" by Mike Skinner in the "card on wallet" routine of the book. A really good book.
Brent
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Brent
Mike: Thank you so much for all that information! I'll see if I can locate any of those publications.

Juliano: I might just try to pick up a copy of Skinner's book. Thanks for your reply!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Unique Card-To-Wallet In Linking Ring Magazine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL