The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Dry Hands (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jamiehuckerby
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of jamiehuckerby
Hi all, thanks for the replies. Very interesting to read the various techniques that you have employed to work around this issue. I guess that as I'm still at a very basic level, I am perhaps being too ambitious about what I can do. In time I will learn to handle it, so again thanks for all the advice.

Im still going to do my best not to use moisturizer (for most other things dry hands is okay! Smile) but maybe ill start at least using it at night. Maybe one day ill write about about the techniques I use to avoid the dry hands issue Smile
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
575 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2017, corpmagi wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2017, Randy wrote:
I have been using O'Keeffe's Working Hands. Just a very small amount gives me just the right amount of tackiness.

http://www.okeeffescompany.com/working-hands

Game Changer!

Totally agree. That stuff works great.

Mike Skinner's Edge Creme may seem like a Sort Kwik rip off, but it is quite different and has worked wonders for me.

I've often heard Vagisil works great. I tried it, worked good but I got busted with it in my gig bag and no excuse, not even the truth, could get me out of that predicament, so I'll pass on the feminine hygiene products.

Sort Kwik works well too and it's easily obtainable, but for me it doesn't last very long and god forbid you get it in your eye. I used to even treat my cards with it, no clumping! Not bad and cheap too.
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
skyfire
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of skyfire
First of all O'Keefe works best for me. But Surprised no one listed the best application that is in everybody's house hold for those Impromptu situations. Toothpaste! If you're not a member of the Fluoride Gang, I'll explain how it works best for me. Squeeze only about a half inch onto a hand, then rub both hands together for less than a minute. Then go out and do a One Handed Palm and that card will fly up into your palm perfectly. You can almost flat hand a palm. Try the Classic Color Change, you will be amazed. Can't get more ready in a Impromptu situation than this.

I use Colgate Total, but if that's too strong, then you may want to try Crest, that's a little less tacky. You may want to experiment, if still too tacky using a dab of water during application also will tone it down a little.

Nine out of Ten Magicians recommend Colgate Total.
alan1003
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of alan1003
Mike Skinner's Edge Crème works best for me.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2017, Tom G wrote:
Might try a search, there's tons of info on the forum.

You are 100% correct.

However,
If we do that, then we might as well shut down the Café as 90% of 'stuff" we discuss has been discussed over and over...

Talking about it more, is fun and brings new people to the table. Same ideas/ probably? But who cares? This is what makes this place awesome!!!!

I also suffer from dry hands. Still looking for that "magical" solution! Smile
Lee Gazlay
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Lee Gazlay
I've used pure glycerin (got mine at CVS pharmacy) with success. Use the smallest drop you can get from the bottle. If the hands feel too sticky after that, wet the hands and rub in the glycerin, then pat dry.

With age comes wisdom (for some people) and dry hands (for the rest of us).
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
I find O'Keefs works great sometimes and then at other times it doesn't. This is under the same conditions and using the same amount. All I can think of is there may be inconsistencies with the same batch. Sometimes my hands feel like they can grip anything and sometimes they feel greecy. Anyone know the reason for this? I also find that sometimes it lasts longer than others.
RevConfused
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire, UK
65 Posts

Profile of RevConfused
I've found SortKwik to do the job. As mentioned before, it can wear off in a short time, but, certainly in for example a hopping environment, it lasts long enough for a table or two before a cheeky reapplication! I just wish it was easier to find in the UK.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2017, fingerjack wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2017, corpmagi wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2017, Randy wrote:
I have been using O'Keeffe's Working Hands. Just a very small amount gives me just the right amount of tackiness.

http://www.okeeffescompany.com/working-hands

Game Changer!

Totally agree. That stuff works great.

Mike Skinner's Edge Creme may seem like a Sort Kwik rip off, but it is quite different and has worked wonders for me.

I've often heard Vagisil works great. I tried it, worked good but I got busted with it in my gig bag and no excuse, not even the truth, could get me out of that predicament, so I'll pass on the feminine hygiene products.

Sort Kwik works well too and it's easily obtainable, but for me it doesn't last very long and god forbid you get it in your eye. I used to even treat my cards with it, no clumping! Not bad and cheap too.

There is a Vagisil lubricant that works well indeed. I believe the main ingredient is glycerin. A drop or two and rub it in and you are good to go for hours. I put some in a clear squirt bottle years ago and still use it. Anything with a main ingredient of glycerin and little of anything else will work.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Dry Hands (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL