The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Nuevo Presto Chango (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
My little take on an old classic with a dash of the Crimp Change.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AzyyJiufO5k
nicky
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of nicky
Very
nicky
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of nicky
Nice!!!!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Presto .....was one of my favorites decades ago ...out of you guessed it Bobo's.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Any other feedback?
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Thanks for sharing! Routine is nicely done, I like it.
This is just a minor point, but when it comes to the Crimp Change, I personally feel like it looks a bit better with a side to side motion the way Marion does it, but I don't think it would matter that much to a spectator, so maybe I'm making a moot point. Keep up the good work!
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Looks great. Personally, I would make it a shorter routine. The longer something like that goes on, the easier it is for people to figure out that it is clever manipulation, and loses that magic touch.

Only my opinion. Your routine looks great the way it is.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It looked very good, but would be easier with a Copper/silver coin, the same effect could be created.

As far as your presentation, you need to practice not only the moves, but your speech with the moves as well. I would think, you do not normally talk so choppy, stopping to think of the actions you're executing, and then continuing to think what you would say. Or it may be that your moves were not quick enough to match the speed of your speech.

It is not good to rush to showing a routine when you have not perfected it, that includes matching your patter to your actions and the actions happening.

Get your timing mastered and you will have it.
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to watch. You've each given me good points to work on. Much appreciated.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
I thought it was very good, but I don't like the transposition at the end. When They change, there is too much movement with the hands too close together. An effective transposition needs to be from 2 places not near each other and with a less suspicious looking magic move.
Reality is a real killjoy.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Bill: unless I totally misunderstood what happened there, it *was* a C/S coin. I'm not sure what you think the method was.

I would watch the way you fiddle with the coins, it felt odd to me that you would flip one to show both sides, and the other you'd just sort of waggle, when you started off by showing both at the beginning. Vinny Marini has a technique for apparently showing both sides - I can't find the video at the moment, but if you reach out, I bet he'd point you in the right direction.

I second the suggestion of the horizontal crimp change - I think there's less time the coin is out of sight, so it really pops.

I didn't mind the transposition at the end as much, but your cleanup at the end felt odd - under cover you put them both in the same hand, only to separate them again immediately.

Lastly, while I liked the general idea of the sympathetic coin transformation as patter, the difference between the first two phases were unclear to me. Why did it switch to copper the first time, but silver the second? Nothing was different.

All that said, I did still like the trick. I'm a sucker for wild coins. I also liked your "Silverback" video, which came up for me next in queue.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Nuevo Presto Chango (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL