The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Has Tom Dwan SCAMMED Again?! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Lempereur
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Lempereur
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2017, tommy wrote:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtvXzlskhRA

I quit watching World Series of Poker right about the time Tommy Dawn showed up. When the commentators were all but comparing the players to successful athletes, I stopped watching When whats his name ran a Nascar into the light pole in an empty parking lot, that did me in.

It does sound like another scam. It is starting to remind me of some of the Grand Master Chess scandals where players had ear pieces deep inside their ear and had an accomplice somewhere nearby with a high powered PC loaded with the Fritz Chess Engine and the Chessbase software database complete with 32 million fully searchable previously played Master and Grandmaster games.
Cordially Yours,

Jim Rose
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I find it interesting what they get up to now in what has become a three ring circus.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Lempereur
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Lempereur
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2017, tommy wrote:
I find it interesting what they get up to now in what has become a three ring circus.

I did enjoy the guy with the toy Shark! I cant remember his name. The oriental guy acted like he belonged to the Ameda Tong or the Chinese Mafia.
Cordially Yours,

Jim Rose
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yes, you have to enjoy it, I think.

To be a top level poker player, of any game, you must understand the concept of table image – yours and your opponent’s. Then you must learn how to exploit it. http://www.pokerology.com/lessons/table-image/

Some have taken it to absurdity for amusement and so on. Some are crazy like a fox; not as silly as they look. You cannot afford to let it irritate you or let it get to you. You have to take the game seriously and work hard on it but at the same time, remember it is just a game. If you take it too seriously then you will never have the balls to do anything.

Tommy
Lempereur
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Lempereur
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2017, tommy wrote:
Yes, you have to enjoy it, I think.

To be a top level poker player, of any game, you must understand the concept of table image – yours and your opponent’s. Then you must learn how to exploit it. http://www.pokerology.com/lessons/table-image/

Some have taken it to absurdity for amusement and so on. Some are crazy like a fox; not as silly as they look. You cannot afford to let it irritate you or let it get to you. You have to take the game seriously and work hard on it but at the same time, remember it is just a game. If you take it too seriously then you will never have the balls to do anything.

What still amazes me is that these guys, even the players further down the list, are able to make a great living. The one guy that irritated me was the Phil guy, whom I think was the same guy who ran the Nascar into the pole, who kept asking players what they had. I thought that this was totally forbidden, but the Judge never seemed to call him on it.

Your point about learning to enjoy the characters dovetails right in with your comments on Madison. He would fit right in right in at that table. But becasue he could not cheat, he would be destroyed.
Cordially Yours,

Jim Rose
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Has Tom Dwan SCAMMED Again?! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL