The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MOVE by Danny Weiser and Taiwan Ben (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Hey guys,

This is a product announcement.
It looks like a very exciting and visual effect.
Have a look at the trailer and let me know what you think.

More info:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=59260

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
If it can be handed out for examination without any crazy switching then I'd say it's good. Nice piece of eye candy.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
The visuals on this are superb... I'm looking forward to trying this out!

It's on the MoM site now, here : https://www.magicshop.co.uk/move
Shipping from the UK on the 20th March

The pen is writable and can be examined before and after the effect... You perform, then hand the pen out... nice!

Other advertised features:

Takes up Almost No Pocket Space!
Always Ready to Perform!
Cap Moves at Your Control
Completely Self-Contained
Seemingly Impromptu!
Instant Setup! No Switching!
Pen is Writable and Examinable Before and After.
Can be Performed Anytime, Anywhere!
Comes Complete with Everything Needed to Perform!

Hope this helps
Dominic
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
I don't get it.
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I seems to be a moving Clip of the pen cap then it goes back to the cap & handed out for examination ? Oh well....
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
The fact that the pen can be fully examined without switching is really great. Awaiting review .
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Seems nice, though pretty clear how it works. It bothers me that the pen doesn't have the usual logo from a bic pen.

Two questions:
1) Does the (slower) non-covered move require anything special? IT, perhaps?

2) How hard would it be to combine this with something like Gregory Wilson's Pointless? I realize it might require some pen surgery/Frankensteining, but would it be possible to combine them into a single pen that could do both?
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
The pen may not be switched but you may have to steal something off/load on for examination.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Is this a magic trick? In the best case: a gag.
wchoo002
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of wchoo002
No switching and can be inspected before and after? SOunds great. TIme to wait for a review though.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
The last part looks awesome.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well, I do a fair amount of Pen magic so I decided to check this out. Received it yesterday and it is what I expected. That being said, I was hoping that the real-time uncovered moving tip was not what I expected but I was wrong. Though, IT's easy to accomplish if you use what is required.

The Pen is well made and will last probably longer than you will use it for. I do hope that replacement clip tips will be available because I can see that being one issue, losing the clip tip. That's probably my biggest concern. I have had to purchase Pointless a few times due to losing the gimmick. Big bummer! But for me it's worth it because I use it all the time with great success.

MOVE is very easy to do and I look forward to performing it. Is it worth $35.00? For some it will be and I am sure others will think it's not.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Title: MOVE
Creator: Danny Weiser and Taiwan Ben
Publisher: Taiwan Ben Magic
MSRP: $ 35
Skill Level: All
DVD Run time: 26 mins

Type of effect: pen magic

Manufacturer's Write Up: From the mind of Danny Weiser comes a new twist on the Kineti-key effect!

Imagine using a pen throughout your performance, allowing the spectator to use AND inspect it as well.

Then, under your complete control, you cause the clip to detach from the cap and move along the body of the pen. You then magically restore the clip back onto the cap and hand the pen back out to be examined!! A Perfect "Anytime" effect!!

A stunning and fooling effect! You'll want to MOVE to order this on

How accurate is the ad copy? Good hype, no deception

What's in the box? Move gimmick & the download code

Key points:
Takes up Almost No Pocket Space!
Always Ready to Perform!
Cap Moves at Your Control
Completely Self-Contained
Seemingly Impromptu!
Instant Setup! No Switching!
Pen is Writable and Examinable Before and After.
Can be Performed Anytime, Anywhere!
Online Tutorial Video!

How are the production values: The video uses multiple cameras and angles with a few live performances. Everything is well shot and well mic’d. The music in the background however is repetitive and …. annoying, and at one time in the video ONLY the DIY setup is being shown, and there is no voice over, so all you hear is the music.

Is it well made: It’s a great gimmick, very well made – it writes, it’s examinable and you can refill it with ink.

Is it well taught: Taiwan Ben is the instructor and he does have a heavy accent, but in the time allotted, he does teach you what you need.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" Packs as flat as a disposable bic pen

Does it "play big?" Levitations and animations always play big.

Difficulty / Skill level required: This is going to take some practice, don’t expect to do this effect right out of the box. The pieces are small, delicate and will take timing and accuracy to get it to look just right.

How much arts and crafts are involved? none

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Absolutely

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

_X____ Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts This is not self-working, nor is it angle proof. For walk-around you really can’t have anyone on your sides or back. I personally don’t think the animated pen stem is needed as it requires extra set up and more gimmickry.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: ​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88I-dii79fg
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MOVE by Danny Weiser and Taiwan Ben (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL