The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Real currency--santa dollars and more!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Check this out. my sister bought one for her daughter. it is for real as far as I can detect.!!!

https://santadollars.com/
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Those are glued onto a real dollar bill, they have been around for some time, showing other presidents.

Click on one of the offers and go to the 3rd ad, it shows the cut out that is glued on top of a bill covering Washington.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Thanks Bill I was going to post this . I examined it again today. so this is a false report, basically a trick pulled on their customers.
so it is better as an inspiration to make your own. sorry for the false alarm. thanks Bill for beating me to the real deal!!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
They do look good after putting the sticker on, they are a nice gag used in a magic close-up performance. I can think of several bill tricks where they would fit in for a laugh and curiosity by the spectators.

Yes, I thought they kind of were doing false advertising, that is why I looked further.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Usually, the wording on these is that they are genuine bills, which they are. It could be considered deceptive because it is not entirely clear but strictly speaking they are telling the truth.

You will also see painted coins advertised in a similar way. "Genuine Coins issued from the US Mint" etc. They are genuine coins that have been painted very nicely but some people assume they are some special coins that the US put out that way.

Caveat Emptor.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
If you go to that website and click on the Santa dollar they actually show that you can buy the Santa stickers in bulk and put they on your own dollars for fundraising so I don't think they can be accused of false advertising.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Well I would back up Bill. he said " kind of... false adv."
so he is not saying 100 percent but if you have to dig down that far
in a website to determine the truth, it IS FALSE ADVERTISING, PARTLY AT LEAST.
don't defend tricky business. tricky magic is fine. but tricky business? no way no bueno
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Check out this website http://www.fakemillions.com/
Lots of great selections...
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Real currency--santa dollars and more!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL