The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Senior Show (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
We've been using a lot of generalities, and I'm sure that they have helped. "61" (we are on a first name basis, here!!!) has laid out some good solid specifics.

You're most welcome "dd". I'll add a few more thoughts to 61's. I've said it a gezillion times, but, it's still worth repeating: For eons, my basic rule has been KIS MIF! --An acronym for, "Keep It Simple Make It Fun!" (Smiles, giggles, chuckles, laughs, and "ROFL") I think I mentioned somewhere above, about the old gentleman, who "fell on the floor, laughing!"He actually fell off of his chair!

Verbal gags and jokes, are not "bad", but, older folks often have hearing problems. Situation comedy, visual bits, sight gags, will generally get more and better response.

61 cautioned against "powering through routines", which brings to my mind, the "three Ts" (tempo, time, and timing).

Tempo! Don't rush! Keep the show MOVING, but, vary the tempo.

Time! If you're booked for 30 minutes, give 'em 30, plus a few minutes. I always check with the person in charge.There may be a deadline, but, if not, and, you've "got 'em", 5 minutes extra, is like that "second cup of coffee, after dessert"!

Timing! A professional KNOWS WHEN TO PAUSE!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
OOOPS! I missed a comment on one of 61's points! He was talking about CONVERSATION. I'm sure he meant well, but that PREPOSITION, when he said 'talk TO them", please don't talk TO them. Talk WITH them! Conversation is necessary to INVOLVE the audience. Don't be afraid to ask questions!!! You may get verbal responses, or laughs, you may get smiles and/or nods, but, they are responding!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Senior Show (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL