The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Seattle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zark
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Zark
Hi Everyone,

Been registered for a while, lurking for longer, finally had to say hello and post SOMETHING. Smile
I wanted to comment on the recent Seattle Penguin Expo, which was great, and I thought I'd better suck it up and say a formal hello, I'm here! before chiming in on the expo.

I'm a local Dad, always have messed with magic, it's always been of great interest, now it's more along the lines of a passion.
I'm currently working on an Ambitious Card routine. It seems like a staple and classic I need to master (ha! as if I've "mastered" anything Smile) I've found in the few conversations I've had with magicians, it's an excellent ice breaker, starter topic, etc. - I love to just ask people if I can see their ACR.
I like sleights, I like cardistry stuff although I can't do much of it, I do like gaffs and gimmicks, but I'm really trying to learn and become decent at classics.
Just the last week or so trying to get a decent ACR down I think I've learned 100X more than all the gaffs and gimmicks I've ever tried combined.
Does chop cup count as a classic? Because I love that thing.

My daughter is very interested in magic now. She's 8, she has one hot rod trick she picked, bought and learned herself. She's got a patter and everything, it's great. Smile I'm just now getting her to start thinking about cards, coins, things she thinks she might be able to learn. I have to say, at the Seattle Expo Sunday, Gregory Wilson, Diamond Jim Tyler, and Nick Locapo were SO COOL with her - they swapped tricks, showed her stuff, and were just SO encouraging and so very cool with her. Huge fan for life right there. Can't say enough about those guys, just the best experience.

Anyway - hi - hope to see you all around!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Zark,

I love hearing that you are enjoying Magic with your Daughter.

I love seeing a fun and well timed ACR (for the first 20 mins LOL). Hope to see it sometime.

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Seattle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL