The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Seance In Sydney - Full Version (44 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
425 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
Thank you Bogbadget Smile
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Watched the full video twice today...beautiful through line with the story that wove through the entire performance.
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
425 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
Twice !! Thank you this is a great compliment Smile
Which part did you like the most ?
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I was interested in this because I have never seen a seance performed before. (unless five cadavers sitting in a circle constitute one). I usually just speak through the cadavers to the spirits beyond.

I tried to watch it but my audio was so low I could not hear but faintly at 100%. Not sure why because it appears everyone else can hear it just fine. Also photobucket would not let me view the invitation in the crypt. Something about third party stuff has expired. Anyway, it looked like a great night.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
425 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
Weepinwill, the photobucket are only pictures from the evening and some extra , I will replace them.
You should be able to have a good sound on the 3 following videos (but with a very strong French accent)

TRAILER
http://vimeo.com/drsh/spirits-in-sydney-trailer

FULL VERSION:
http://vimeo.com/drsh/spirit-in-sydney-long

SHORT VERSION:
Only 30 min, I cut down the story (but kept enough to have an unified story), I removed few effects and cut down the remote viewing.
http://vimeo.com/drsh/spirit-in-sydney-short
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2018, Dr SH wrote:
Weepinwill, the photobucket are only pictures from the evening and some extra , I will replace them.
You should be able to have a good sound on the 3 following videos (but with a very strong French accent)

TRAILER
http://vimeo.com/drsh/spirits-in-sydney-trailer

FULL VERSION:
http://vimeo.com/drsh/spirit-in-sydney-long

SHORT VERSION:
Only 30 min, I cut down the story (but kept enough to have an unified story), I removed few effects and cut down the remote viewing.
http://vimeo.com/drsh/spirit-in-sydney-short

Thanks. I had a defective headset. Can't trust cadavers around anything. They like to hear the Don't Fear The Reaper when they are being embalmed but don't take care for the equipment.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I really liked the overall story. For me, the effects are secondary to the story.
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
425 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
Thank you rickmagic1. I tried to build a story which was first entertaining by itself and added some effects to highlight the story.
The initial version that you can see in these videos were too heavy in effects (and unnecessary too long in time) as I have been carried away by the excitement.
A much distillate version was able to raise from this experience thanks to all your advices here and there.
Same story, less effects and more powerful.
Melies
View Profile
Regular user
Boston
114 Posts

Profile of Melies
Just watched the long performance--thanks so much for sharing! One so rarely gets to see a seance performed (who among us has ever seen one live and in person?), so it is most helpful to see another performer's style, choice of effects, story, audience relationships, etc. (I disagree with the person who suggested you take English elocution lessons--I think your accent is great and indeed adds to the "exoticism" of the performance!)
UneasierQuill
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of UneasierQuill
Late to the game (in 2019), but just wanted to add my thanks for posting this. It's rare, outside of making one's way to a live event, to see a full seance performance and for those of us just starting to dabble in this type of work - seeing a full and live performance is a valuable resource. Watched the long version and think it's great. From a study point of view, the lighting makes no difference. Your story work and effects were well done. Thanks again from a bizarre newbie...
GReed3649
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of GReed3649
Coming into the party even later than UneasierQuill. I'm currently watching the long version as I type. The first thing I want to say, is man that's an amazing accent. I love doing accents, but I don't usually "do" French, but after watching you I'm seriously reconsidering that.

Thanks for going to the trouble of recording this and making it available for everyone to watch. This was a very entertaining and an interesting showcase of quite a few effects and props that I've been looking at for the last year or so.

Hopefully, I'll hit the 50 post threshold in the next few days and I'll be able to look into the thread that I understand is in this mysterious "crypt" I keep hearing about.
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
425 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
Mieux vaut tard que jamais ... (=Better late than never....)
Obviously, I don't come here enough. Thank you Melies, UneasierQuill and Greed3649 for the compliments. Congratulation Greed3649 for reaching the 50 posts, I hope you are enjoying the crypt...

Created this piece was such an experience, recording it was also an experience by itself... I am glad I had recorded this video for my own reference... so much memory it was hard work, I would not be able to find the time these days. This video also was a very good way to start chatting with people, having advice from people, make new connection, and even win the Taylor Imagineering competition.
So much consequences that I could not imagine when I made this video.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Seance In Sydney - Full Version (44 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL