The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Sands of desert (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AnthonyHolt
View Profile
New user
Belgium
7 Posts

Profile of AnthonyHolt
Hi everyone,

I'm working on my Sands of desert routine.
I can end with clean water but when I start it is turbid water.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks Anthony
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If you have purchased the set-up, they should explain everything.

If not, and you have the correct sand, then purchase Black Water Clear Water effect.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11581

Special dispenser: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S12142
AnthonyHolt
View Profile
New user
Belgium
7 Posts

Profile of AnthonyHolt
Hi Bill Hegbli,

I have this chemicals.
The problem is that you don't end clean or you don't start clean.

I know that there is an way to do this but I really have no idea because I already use the 'official chemicals.
philmils
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of philmils
I bought Sands of the Desert many years ago, but decided it didn't fit with me. I still have the old instructions that don't require a magic dealer for the chemicals. Per those instructions, one of the chemicals that was originally used was tincture of iron chloride, which they claimed is difficult to find. However, that was pre-Internet. I can find it easily now.

Here is what the old instructions said to use: Potassium Ferrocyanide, Tannic Acid, Oxalic Acid

Dissolve tannic acid into your bowl of water. In another dish, dissolve the Potassium Ferrocyanide and saturate a blotter with the solution. When the wet blotter is place into the bowl with the Tannic Acid, it will turn black.

To turn the water clear again, use about ¼ teaspoon of the Oxalic Acid wrapped in a filter paper such as that used in automatic coffee makers, then proceed with the effects as per the instructions you already have.

Experiment to get the right amounts of chemicals.

Because of the name, I looked up potassium ferrocyanide. It is nontoxic. It does not decompose to cyanide in the body.
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
I would add to this that these chemicals can be bought in a variety of concentrations so you may end up with something that is far too strong or weak. These chemicals are caustic and can irritate the skin. They can especially cause problems if you do the effect with broken skin, cuts etc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Sands of desert (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL